Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Building another O gauge micro layout and weathering stock

Nick G

4 hours ago, mudmagnet said:

Nick,

Can you remember which ballast you used?

many thanks

I use a combination of woodland scenics medium, mixing greys and browns depending on where  am using it. Can also add powders and shake it up to change a colour of a batch too

• Like 3

Turn the sound UP. I had a few fellow modellers posing and running locos on the layout on the Sunday at the MIOG show. 37425 belonging to Alan Cromarty making a spirited departure from the repair sidings with some wheel slip.

Edited by Nick G
  • Like 8

15 minutes ago, 37114 said:

Great to meet you this weekend Nick, lovely to see Cripple Corner, I took a few photos of the layout 

Thanks Rob, great to meet you and loved your layout. Great weekend wasn't it. Did you mention you wouldn't mind a BR Sherpa van? If you do I can put you in touch with the guy who does them if you PM me your email address.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Thanks Rob, great to meet you and loved your layout. Great weekend wasn't it. Did you mention you wouldn't mind a BR Sherpa van? If you do I can put you in touch with the guy who does them if you PM me your email address.

Thanks Nick, I have a Sherpa I repainted myself, my main enquiry was the source of the transfers as I ended up buying an SBT crew van in the end. I will PM you my email address as it would be great to k ow the source. Thanks

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Has that peak been turned into a single centre headcode? Although an obvious variation, I've never actually seen one done before.

Don't know much about it except it looks great and sounds even better. Here are a couple more views.

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

• Like 9