Site performance issues - March 2022

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, JeremyC said:

And I bet they claim no one else is having these issues.

Got it in one! 

As it's a virtual machine on a larger drive they just will not spool it down and do the restart I need doing as it would affect other users. If only I knew who the others were I'd seek to find what problems they're having. 5 weeks ago the whole machine put itself into an emergency restart and the problems we had before that were cured within minutes. Funny that.

They just carry on pointing the finger back at software that was running perfectly well up to 2 weeks ago.

The migration process is underway but it's a huge project due to the need to create a file of almost 1TB of images.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

17 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Quite right. In the era of Covid and Ukraine, complaining about RMweb seems a bit First-World. 

To be completely fair though mate, whether or not people do or don't complain about RMweb probably doesn't have much impact on Covid or the Russian offensive. But by all means, if you'd like to lead by example and give up complaining until the world is finally at peace, then who am I to stop you? Be the change you want to see in the world! You can do it Dudders old mate, I believe in you!

The thing is @Stoker mate, it's alright if I call you mate, isn't it mate, the thing is that we all know the site is slow at present, we also know that the mods are doing something about it, namely changing web host.  So mate, people continuing to complain about something that is in the process of being fixed is a bit off and as @Oldddudders says, there are quite frankly bigger worries in the world right now.

If the above was not meant to be passive aggressive then I apologise, but the use of the word 'mate' in any exchange never typically appears to be friendly and there is no need for it.

• Like 3
  • Agree 4