Accurascale Travel To The Heart Of London With Latest Trip-Cock Brush Type Twos

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Our latest announcement are four additional Brush Type 2 locomotives to our launch range, with the new stablemates featuring London Underground trip-cock gear and other detail differences never before seen on a model of these charismatic locomotives.

AP_2022_Slides.jpg.2884aa3bf2c91eef25132771e3dbc297.jpg

Whitaker style tablet recesses, additional panels from their days uprated to 1600hp and Mirrlees production era exhausts are just some of the details that set these apart.

Due in Q2 2023 along with the previously announced batch, they're to the same unbeatable spec and value at £169.99 DC/DCC ready and £269.99 DCC sound fitted.

Oh, and BR Green, small yellow panel is included in this range! Check out the samples on our stand at Ally Pally this weekend!

Read all about them here: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/accurascale-travel-to-the-heart-of-london-with-latest-trip-cock-brush-type-twos

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 18
  • Round of applause 2

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge about this, but what are the purposes of LU trip cocks and tabet catcher recesses? They look wonderful by the way! I'll certainly be pre-ordering the BR green with the yellow panels. 

Cheers!

• RMweb Gold

Aha! That's the birthday present for 2023 sorted. SYWP for me.................

Rob. 

3 hours ago, Amaziii said:

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge about this, but what are the purposes of LU trip cocks and tabet catcher recesses? They look wonderful by the way! I'll certainly be pre-ordering the BR green with the yellow panels. 

Cheers!

A tablet catcher is a device that collects the single line tablet authorising the driver to enter a section of single line track, but instead of being handed to the train crew, it is placed in a fixed stand near the signal box so that the train can collect it at a higher speed.  The equipment has to be deployed, rather like TPO mail bag exchange, but needs to be folded back in when not in use so as not to be out of gauge, so there is a recess in the side of the loco in which it is stowed.

Trip cocks are used on the London Underground and some other systems to stop trains automatically if they pass a signal at danger.  A mechnical arm called a train stop in the track comes up and if this is hit by the train the brakes are applied.  The trip cock is the bit on the train that does this.  However this should not happen in norml operation as trains should obey signals. So there are also devices called trip cock testers, which are used deliberately, in order to ensure the equiipment on board is in working order.

• Informative/Useful 2