Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

GBRF 66 Colours

Hi Gents,

Can anyone tell me if there is a distinct difference in the body coloured Blue between the first batch of locos and the Metronet liveried ones.

Reason for asking, I have just bought a couple of the Model Rail Metronet models and there is a significant difference to the regular Bachmann liveried units.

I have never noticed such a colour difference on the prototype.

Thanks

Richard

• RMweb Gold

the metronet one is a lot lighter than the original GBRf livery, if i remember right chris (dibber25) questioned it when he got the pre production sample, i think its in the media model rail sub section of the media forum if you have a look

i'm more than happy with mine, i've driven the real thing but it was somewhat dirtier than the model one though!!

• RMweb Premium

I concur that is is definitely a lighter blue, indeed to my eye it appears to be London Underground blue (the skirt colour on tube stock).

Here is my contribution, a shot of 66721 literally fresh off the boat on its first job, an engineers train on 13/5/06 at that well known London Underground location of Ford on the Sussex coast :lol:

post-6910-12770321314.jpg

I concur that is is definitely a lighter blue, indeed to my eye it appears to be London Underground blue (the skirt colour on tube stock).

A house colour of LUL would make sense for a livery like Metronet.

Archived