EFE N Gauge Imerys JIA china clay wagons

TomE

• RMweb Gold

Picked up a couple of these the other day, extremely impressed, even with the factory weathered version (not normally a fan!) Some lovely details at each end. 

1849561494_efengaugejiab.jpg.74a563819422b9668e7a8e44a46d63d8.jpg693482318_efengaugejiad.jpg.36de7de95d61257bbe0dda9c518a7457.jpg

There are more photos and thoughts on them here

Tom. 

• Like 6

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I believe the ones used on the Boulby Potash trains are basically the same design but built four years earlier. The main difference looks to be around the hood/roof operating mechanism. The china clay ones are manually controlled and have the associated platforms and handrails to get staff to the big operating wheel. Those allocated to potash traffic are hydraulically operated and don't have the platforms and operating wheel.

The potash ones don't carry Imerys branding so in addition to removing the unwanted handrails you'd need to do a partial repaint.

Steven B.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 year later...

hi ste

yeh one of mine has bogies that don't rotate v freely at all as you describe and so it was derailing.  but the other one I got seems fine.

running at the end of the train the problem wagon is going round ok, but that's just a temporary solution.

I'll see what's causing it and fix it another day.  

I got two pba white weathered wagons.

tim

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've just ordered myself a couple of these, including one of the heavily weathered examples. Has anyone tried to take back the heavy weathering a bit, and if so, how much success have you had?