Bachmann OO Summer 2022 Announcements inc. OO9

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, GWR8700 said:

I notice the GCR signal box in GCR livery has changed somewhat with cream sections on the wood panelling.

Is this an earlier or later paint style than the previous Bachmann release (the wood panelling was only green)?  I cannot find any information on GCR building colours.

It's an earlier version.  There is some info on GCR building colours about 2/3 of the way down this page.

https://www.stationcolours.info/london-north-eastern-railway/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bachmann Branchline Class 08 Diesel Shunter in BR Blue livery as No. 08031 arrived yesterday, chuffed with it!

Only tried it on DC and low speed running isn't perfect, but then again neither is the 'Clipper' power supply, it has a High/Low resistance setting and setting it to Low seems to make a big difference. I need to get a decoder fitted really.

I was watching a 'Sams Trains' review of an earlier Bachmann 08 and he was quite complimentary about it apart from stating that the pickups were mounted on top of the wheel rims rather than behind the flanges. This means that they get dirty quicky and are difficult to clean. This latest model has six pickups fitted behind the flanges, so it looks like they have addressed the issue. Its a nice and weighty model with lovely details, although not as quiet as I would have hoped.

• 2 weeks later...