Hornby Collectors Club Discount Deal

Bulleidboy100

Hornby have announced today that they are offering 20% discount to Hornby Collectors Club members on anything on the Hornby website. This deal runs from today until midnight on the 5th June 2022. It covers current and new members.

• Informative/Useful 2

Some might see this as a desperate move to shift stock to maintain cash flow.  Not the sort of thing to endear them to their retailers. Watch the major retailers for bargains in the coming weeks?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Its just a temporary return to last May’s RRP prices.

Basic sales tactic, put up the price, wait a while and discount it back down to look cheap.

if it was in stock last May and you buy it now, your still paying more than you would have last year, factoring in normal retailer discounts in May 2021.

its not all bad, you could now get a new K1 for c£100, though Hattons had them at c£70 for nearly half a decade.

https://uk.Hornby.com/products/br-k1-class-2-6-0-62006-era-4-r3418

I like my k1’s, great runners. £100 still looks cheap all things considered.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 6

2 hours ago, Farang said:

Some might see this as a desperate move to shift stock to maintain cash flow.  Not the sort of thing to endear them to their retailers. Watch the major retailers for bargains in the coming weeks?

Maybe it's 20% off for club members. Not everything requires the equipping of a tin foil hat

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

7 minutes ago, Tiddles47 said:

20% is for HCC members

We know, that's what we have been talking about!

FWIW, I bought the 2 KFAs they had in stock. At £40 something a go it's as good a value as they get new nowadays. I just wish I had seen one in the metal back when they were £30 a go, good wagons.

2 hours ago, TomScrut said:

We know, that's what we have been talking about!

FWIW, I bought the 2 KFAs they had in stock. At £40 something a go it's as good a value as they get new nowadays. I just wish I had seen one in the metal back when they were £30 a go, good wagons.

Excuse me for not reading the whole thread…. 🙄

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, Tiddles47 said:

Excuse me for not reading the whole thread…. 🙄

The first post or even just the title would have been a start.

• Like 1