WIGAN EXHIBITION 2022 Saturday 1st & Sunday 2nd October

Eaton

Thanks for posting the photos of 'Bewdley', it was to be my next post, so you have saved me a job.

Looking through the photographs of the ten layouts so far featured I'm stuck by the high standard of modelling. If your interest is O or N gauge, steam or diesel, British or Continental superb modelling is something that everyone can appreciate and enjoy regardless of preference. I usually find that the actual model i.e. a moving reality, is an improvement on a static image so I'm really looking forward to seeing them in the exhibition hall.

Our Exhibition Manager needs congratulating for assembling these gems. He is one of those shy retiring types so I hope my glowing endorsement will not prove to be to much of an embarrassment.  

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
On 20/06/2022 at 16:56, long island jack said:

I totally understand your reasons for saving costs, i made the same decision a few years ago, to support exhibition that catered to my interests, due to cost and distanced travelled, wish you luck with the exhibition.

Hi Ray, trust you and Dave are keeping well.

It's always a mute point about layout mix and balance in exhibitions, particularly the larger venues. When you consider the geographical extent and potential variety of layouts possible, it is curious how layouts related to the continents of North America and Europe have such a low profile in many shows. Fortunately, we both have made the effort to also develop GB offerings.

Must admit I'm getting choosier as to which ones I support.

Dave

Edited by 70000 Britannia
grammattical change

Just noted the strikes myself, although the upside is that it probably means no strike on the 8th when GETs is on.

I'll have to drive to Wigan, I know last time that the car parks right next to the facility is chargeable, there used to be a free one further round but whether it is still free and whether it will be available on the day I don't know.

• RMweb Gold

Normally a Saturday visit for me, but this year I’ve had to swap Sat and Sun activities so I’ll escape the strike.  Phew!  Possibly make for a busier Sunday and a quieter Saturday.

Paul.

• RMweb Premium

Really looking forward to the Wigan Show the weekend after our Stafford Exhibition.

Looks like there are super layouts attending and time to catch up friends in the North West.

It seems I will have to drive up with the forthcoming rail strikes, the following weekend of the GETS with Whiteacres with thankfully a few new younger members as part of the team.

See you Saturday or Sunday not sure of domestic arrangements at present.

Terry 

48 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

I had planned Wigan show into my itinerary whilst I was over, but, using public transport from Shrewsbury on a rail strike day somewhat scuppers that plan!

Sorry chaps, maybe next year?

Mike.

My dad  in his youth was a keen cyclist. I still have a medal he won from the Wigan Wheelers cycle club back in July 1930   -  Wigan to Shrewsbury and back down the A49 - 123.5 miles total in 7 hours and 28 mins, a club record back then. Most roads were cobbled through towns, tram lines etc with no bypasses we have today ,

Rail strike - no excuse, get on your bike !!!!

Brit15

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, APOLLO said:

My dad  in his youth was a keen cyclist. I still have a medal he won from the Wigan Wheelers cycle club back in July 1930   -  Wigan to Shrewsbury and back down the A49 - 123.5 miles total in 7 hours and 28 mins, a club record back then. Most roads were cobbled through towns, tram lines etc with no bypasses we have today ,

Rail strike - no excuse, get on your bike !!!!

Brit15

I'd love to, but with my collapsed gasmans knees and Ryanair's charges for bike carriage, I'm afraid I'll have to give it a miss thanks!

Mike.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1