8 minutes ago, richard i said:

Seems strange they would go to the effort of a white roof and yet leave the cab front black.

richard 

I know, but in reality that cab roof wouldn’t be white for long! Once I have done some weathering tests on my earlier j69 I will attempt it on this! It is way too clean right now! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 31/03/2024 at 21:26, thegreenhowards said:

Looks the biz! Will she be ready for Kempton Park? Do I need to fit a decoder?

Andy

I certainly will need to fit a decoder sir thank you :)

Edited by woko

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would build a little backdrop board to make photographing my O gauge models a little more interesting, plus I felt like modelling something a little different also!

Still very much work in progress, and I have yet to decide what colour ballast to use, if anyone has an ideas I would be grateful? Currently i'm thinking grey, but with some washes to help tone it down a little!

Walls are 3d printed on the creality ender 5 plus, and the signal box is based on Crawley, and older model I 3d printed a while back and had kicking about. It still needs finishing, with an interior, glazing and some weathering, but I figured I would incorporate it into the little scene to add a bit of visual interest to the scene!

IMG_0920.jpeg.1ee8e12812008e65eb558fa80bb5a00e.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Great job on the signal box. I will have to see if I can revise my 4mm models of Rowfant and Grange road boxes to show a couple of windows in the open position.

IMG_2811.jpeg.5e5083487ea0e15ca6644d3e8d19de3c.jpeg

Keith

ps done on a FDM printer windows may well be done in resin.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

3 hours ago, KeithHC said:

Great job on the signal box. I will have to see if I can revise my 4mm models of Rowfant and Grange road boxes to show a couple of windows in the open position.

Keith

ps done on a FDM printer windows may well be done in resin.

Those look great Keith, I have to admit i am a sucker for open windows a lot of my coaches all have open top lights, i think it adds some visual interest and detail to the models personally!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some weekend work in progress for both the backscene, ballasted the track and been working up this GER full brake for Smithfield! 

F94DCCA1-0425-4127-80C9-4FFBC0DAF599.jpeg.1115e1cd349fce91e08aefe5ff36a609.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Round of applause 2