3 hours ago, woko said:

If there are any other of my wagons folks might be interested in 4mm please ping Gary and let him know, and we can try and sort it out :) 

All 150 wagon and coach STLs, please! They're too good and too needed to leave any out.

Really great news for all pre-Groupers in two major scales that you and Gary are working together. A really exciting development, well done and thank you!

Edited by Schooner
Sp.
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, Schooner said:

All 150 wagon and coach STLs, please! They're too good and too needed to leave any out.

Really great news for all pre-Groupers in two major scales that you and Gary are working together. A really exciting development, well done and thank you!

Thanks Schooner for the kind words. I hope so really looking forward to finally getting some of this stuff out there if not all of it one day :)

• Friendly/supportive 1

A pair of LBSC  Diagram1368 5 plank wagons finished in 7mm ready for the club layout. Though looking at this I need to finish painting the strapping inside! These will have loads! CAD below for comparison!

I have painted the iron work black on these  even though they where the last round ended opens built for the LBSC, but for some reason they are shown in this livery in the southern wagons railway volume 2 so figured they looked pretty good and I would go with that :)

The wagon in the background is a my next project a GCR Fish van, and I hope to be adding to the GCR stock soon with some extra stuff.

IMG_0107.jpeg.8fe56c39f242453364d728c2fc5dc05c.jpeg

IMG_0108.JPEG.959b0c4fc3dbf3724757e8ca8f128fac.JPEG

IMG_0109.JPEG.a1793d0e15a83f26718265d09b0ee832.JPEG

1473362695_LBSC_5PLK2.jpg.760bc833e100dc07a530b25a27ff2b5b.jpg

• Like 13

Hi Rob,

Great to see you have got things sorted to make your wagons available. For those of us looking for 4mm versions to ask Gary to place in the queue, do you have a complete list anywhere of all your models? Does this mean you have given up on the idea of making the .stl files available/downloadable separately for those of us who would like to print our own?

On a different topic, how are your NBR carriage plans progressing?

• Like 1

On 18/03/2023 at 01:11, Carlislecitadel2 said:

Hi Rob,

Great to see you have got things sorted to make your wagons available. For those of us looking for 4mm versions to ask Gary to place in the queue, do you have a complete list anywhere of all your models? Does this mean you have given up on the idea of making the .stl files available/downloadable separately for those of us who would like to print our own?

On a different topic, how are your NBR carriage plans progressing?

Hi Stephen

Thanks some good points, I will look to get some kind of visual catalogue together, however as I'm currently going through my 3d model wagons, and i am adding more detail to get them up to a higher level of detail, especially for 7mm. So I wouldn't expect all of of them to be available very soon, plus I know Gary has a hell of  lot of stuff he has already in the pipeline, and I imagine he will have to test print them all first, which is a huge undertaking bless!

But I will try and work up what I have, and get it working all in 4mm, and then later on all being well 7mm eventually through Gary.

As for making STL files available I'm probably going to see how this goes firstly.

NBR carriages are definitely something I want to model up, they are very beautiful carriages, but I need to finish the GER N7, and then the 7mm GER/LBSC coaching stock, along with updating, adding and  detailing of the LSWR 6 wheel stock I which I promised to do as an experiment with Bill of LSWR association, after which im hoping to tackle the LNWR stock, plus potentially work on a J65 to sit on my newly acquired 7mm Dapol Terrier chassis! 

Oh and after visiting Ally Pally on saturday chatting with those lovely folks on Norwich Central I feel really inspired to start planning and potentially building an exhibition layout! But perhaps this is a  tad ambitious!

Cheers

Rob

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thegreenhowards said:

Better forget that new job Rob…you’re not going to have time for it!

Haha not wrong Andy I think i may need to start 3d printing more of me!!

Speaking of which I been finishing off this little 3plk with a spot of weathering

IMG_0226.jpeg.9ea51a14196ea4391c407c8f8019b392.jpeg

IMG_0228.jpeg.ef66bffe36192b5c679e091f1684cd81.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, woko said:

I imagine he will have to test print them all first, which is a huge undertaking

Correct! In fact I have several kits that I have already test printed, but aren't on the website yet because I haven't had time to test build them, and I won't list anything until I know it works.

Gary

• Like 4

Thought I would post some of my Ally Pally pictures from Saturdays trip!

I have to say a huge thank you to the BRM guys you folks put on a cracking exhibition, I honestly came away super inspired by the fantastic array of layouts there. Obviously my all time favourite being Norwich Central and the first time I got to see it in the flesh, what a stunning layout, Peter and his team have made something quite magical, the stock was inspiring and such a beautiful combination of liveries with the GER and M&GN complimenting each other. Copper Wort as well beautifully conceived and built, filled with frame after frame of cameo's and interesting little scenes to keep the visual interest! Plus the standard of model building was stunning, along with the very lovely Plumpton Green just to mention a few of the fantastic layouts.

Thank you to all the exhibitors and folks behind the scenes putting this together I was truly inspired by my visit and now thinking I would like to start planning my own exhibition layout for some time in the future!

just a few of my personal favs from the day

06.jpg.8e1df71fc0f94d680395d73bc781ad0d.jpg

11.jpg.0d530aeb400e02e23a823a9691bf5bea.jpg

15.jpg.155f9805e5be679288559a539a426d06.jpg

17.jpg.a2e35fbc6a2f7ee9390ae13bfb7d3a59.jpg

07.jpg.0ff68a2ffab4eaf4c24c32cea0ab1bb0.jpg

09.jpg.f1e7b95719d532e928f44a175a28018d.jpg

01.jpg.5471848dfdaabdf54c2bc84c18b0045e.jpg

• Like 12

Since getting back from my short break in sunny Budapest im now finishing the CAD files for these GCR implement wagon, and twin implement wagon, im still wondering whether to model the chains holding the boiler down on the twin implement wagon or not!

GCR 20ton Implement Wagon and Twin Implement wagons with Boiler load

GCR_IMPLEMENT_TRUCK.jpg.f5df99c9063cf555e38dc17d4c915d8a.jpg

GCR_IMPLEMENT_TWINTRUCK.jpg.55fa1ed1e95355004ea84ca2e8eda214.jpg

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

45 minutes ago, thegreenhowards said:

I know you'd 3D print the wheels if you could get away with it, but surely the chains holding the boiler down would be better modelled in brass!

Yes you are probably right Andy maybe Brass be better, but i might have a go at seeing if i can do it ;)

Agreed - I'd suggest the boiler being separate from the two bogies (and the bogies being able to swivel relative to the boiler), otherwise you'll have a very long rigid wheelbase which won't handle curves or uneven track at all. 

On most single bolster wagons (I'm not familiar with this particular one) the bolsters themselves are free to rotate with the load as the train traverses curved track. 

Finally, using brass chain would be a lot less fragile than a 3D printed one!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thegreenhowards said:

I’m looking forward to the N7 Rob!

Cheers me too Andy, for your later version i need to do an alternative roof without the arch, and a slightly amended westinghouse pump that sits further forward on the boiler. Technically the dome is a little further forward as well if i remember rightly but i will see how noticeable that looks. 

• Like 1

More 7mm Wagon builds this time GCR fish van, i need to make some custom decals for the Fish Van text, and get the amazing mr corbs to print them! 

Secondly 4 wheel Billinton Brake, built this for a chap at the club who is kindly helping me with some couplings for my GER 4 wheel coaches! this is only the test print to see f it goes together, have almost finished printing out the 2nd one for him, and i may do a 6 wheeler Billinton or a Stroudley to compliment it on the layout, undecided yet.

Both need roofs fixing as i need to weight them both, and weathering still. Extra decals required I need to find some 7mm guard transfers for the Billinton doors, and Fish Van for the GCR truck, if anyone knows who does them?  If not i may draw my own along with some additional LBSC components like the illiterate symbol, and Ballast truck and brake text!

B313D411-282D-4B49-B9BB-F54F2D996C13.jpeg.cd07ae3d2e622c765a8f66902df2d5e7.jpeg

5A94E234-830B-459E-BDF3-D1A3A7511DC4.jpeg.d6fa597bed95283597ac79d7a42cbc4b.jpeg

E3025285-41AD-4010-AF8D-A7C8584EC05E.jpeg.51754c69f4fe7e803b7cf32ceeda8177.jpeg

E46CB9CA-5E0F-47A2-B497-3F0E57147B42.jpeg.fc9c5e714f60c9e011d8a8f0dea35e23.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4