12 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Thanks for that. I'm one of the crowdfunders on the UltraPrint 12k. It looks like it uses the Saturn 12k as a base, with an intergrated top end UI and the resin pump from Creality. It should perform really well, as long as all the hardware has been integrated properly.

• Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, njee20 said:

Did you get the 16” one? I was sorely tempted, but I really don’t need another printer!

I was very tempted with that one but instead opted for the 10". I want it to produce casting masters so the resolution is a bit more relevant than the size. They have said that crowdfunders can increase their allocation at the initial offering price, so I'll see if I get a Christmas bonus to play with!

• Like 1

Tidying up the Type 5s  James Holden 6 wheel carriages for a reprint next spring, I have added this 34ft 6inch First Diagram 105 to the rake that will be joining the rest of the rake! I have decreased some of the depths of the panelling as i felt them to be a bit too deep, and amended and improved some of the detailing on these coaches in terms of the hand rails, and made the detailing on the solebars finer!  All to be reprinted in spring to run behind the N7 all being well.

GER_34_6_FIRST.jpg.9024e764852c61e42bdcf1b23e14db74.jpg

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

Knocked up a GER E22/J65 as I have a spare Dapol terrier chassis it will fit on, these would have often ran with the front Con rods removed essentially making it a 2-4-0 bizzarely! some fantastic shots of them running in East London, found this image on the google so its not mine!

Hoping to kick off an LBSC I2 over the chrimbo period along with working up the station model for Smithfields!

e22_248_haydonsq_1913.jpg.5da61b101f72698540e83afb138aa632.jpg

GER_E22_J65_04.jpg.6e7550970461873e48febcbf439919de.jpg

GER_E22_J65_02.jpg.06725ead2fd9c870c2e89b522927a3ad.jpg

GER_E22_J65_01.jpg.98165d25fbef87b8547e023ba7b27d25.jpg

GER_E22_J65_05.jpg.f08634e626d3b66037222903f172aeee.jpg

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 1

4 hours ago, GWR57xx said:

“Knocked up”!!? I think you must have found a way to clone yourself, or you have a team of minions working on these.

Top stuff.

I just need to get out more ;)

Edited by woko
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3

I couldn't resist taking a pic of this almost finished LBSC full brake on the club layout last night.

I just have the other side to finish the transfers, and perhaps some subtle weathering to tone it down a bit, but will do that the entire rake!

Fullbrake.jpg.3cedf5fe967206770708165007805fe1.jpg

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 7
  • Round of applause 2

Now for something completely different, and super enjoyable to back to do some architecture again, something I have always loved working on! 

So we are starting work on Smithfields station, and this first piece will be one of a set of components that will all fit together to create a station at the end of our terminus station on Smithfield! Inspired by the architecture of Denmark Hill station, and Battersea Park Station! Also a massive thank you to Bill Bishop who kindly suggested Denmark Hill, and grabbed a whole heap of photos so for us to model from so thanks Bill, I will post some progress as I go along!

Smithfield_station_facade.jpg.0bac5154c8ff800deb59353ef631d2db.jpg

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

22 hours ago, woko said:

Now for something completely different, and super enjoyable to back to do some architecture again, something I have always loved working on! 

So we are starting work on Smithfields station, and this first piece will be one of a set of components that will all fit together to create a station at the end of our terminus station on Smithfield! Inspired by the architecture of Denmark Hill station, and Battersea Park Station! Also a massive thank you to Bill Bishop who kindly suggested Denmark Hill, and grabbed a whole heap of photos so for us to model from so thanks Bill, I will post some progress as I go along!

Aah Bill the Bish, always helpful.

I was involved in the Southwark Environment Trust who took on the restoration of Denmark Hill Station after it had suffered major damage from a fire in 1980. We obtained the funds from various sources and carried out substantial repairs including rebuilding the first floor part of the structure with its distinctive roof profile and decoration. We also found a tenant for most of the building, one Bruce's Brewery Co., who established a brewery in a newly created basement and a railway themed pub in the building, 'the Phoenix and Firkin.' Had several good sessions in there !!!

3 hours ago, wainwright1 said:

Aah Bill the Bish, always helpful.

I was involved in the Southwark Environment Trust who took on the restoration of Denmark Hill Station after it had suffered major damage from a fire in 1980. We obtained the funds from various sources and carried out substantial repairs including rebuilding the first floor part of the structure with its distinctive roof profile and decoration. We also found a tenant for most of the building, one Bruce's Brewery Co., who established a brewery in a newly created basement and a railway themed pub in the building, 'the Phoenix and Firkin.' Had several good sessions in there !!!

Is that his formal name Bill the Bish! ;) 

It is a fantastic looking bit of architecture well done sir for saving it!

• RMweb Premium
On 19/12/2023 at 22:20, woko said:

Looking great Rob. Can’t wait to see it in the flesh.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Update n the N7/L77 in GER blue, lining almost finished, I have the boiler bands to finish off, and front end of the tanks to finish off, and steps not shown here. I will then varnish up to seal in the lining, and start to assemble the multitude of detail parts on this baby! Crazy amounts of small components to add, just some of which I have placed for the quick photo update, so not glued in place yet! 

DAC6CEF4-A9C9-4BAE-A8E1-ABADB54CE57F.jpeg.14cb33b64d3893cde2bdc575882ea20f.jpeg

2D67BC74-3A9C-49A6-8DC2-11A07796913E.jpeg.b430238135b29fc4b667a4f91b9ce64f.jpeg

Edited by woko
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 7

9 hours ago, thegreenhowards said:

Looks great. Will she be making an appearance in the flesh on Monday?

thank you Andy, she will yes indeedie :)

41 minutes ago, stevel said:

It would look amazing with an oily rag finish, adds that touch of realism.

I think you could be right Steve, I need to look into how to achieve that finish, as It could easily go horribly wrong mate ;) 

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, woko said:

Managed to make a bit more progress on the only ever N7 to carry the Great Eastern blue livery, number 1001 in 7mm! 

Not quite finished as I still have to fix the cab roof as I'm leaving it loose until I decide whether or not to put a crew in the cab or not! I still have to order some real coal for the bunker at the back, and I need to touch up the lining in places, as well attempt to line the wheels!

I also need to add some 3 link couplings to the loco and some subtle weathering to tone down some of the bright metals  a bit! I'm wondering whether to be brave enough and have ago at weathering this loco, any thoughts?

IMG_0738.jpeg.d662b4bd9c3e9396dc42beb0ce88a5b5.jpeg

IMG_0737.jpeg.19ec07ed295608f14b2b15bda521ec85.jpeg

IMG_0736.jpeg.ea48ea5cba54eb28259c875318639bf3.jpeg

IMG_0735.jpeg.e7a255ec571e8ef6aefc60686df36d89.jpeg

IMG_0733.jpeg.ddf7140b480dea94de4febcbdc4a3e48.jpeg

Rob, I can provide a lump of coal, via Andy / Peter at a SEGOG meeting.  Real railway coal, picked up at the Bluebell.  Bill

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, bbishop said:

Rob, I can provide a lump of coal, via Andy / Peter at a SEGOG meeting.  Real railway coal, picked up at the Bluebell.  Bill

Thanks Bill as ever extremely kind sir, if that is ok I would be very grateful thank you

57 minutes ago, thegreenhowards said:

Is that the J65? Looking good.  I thought you couldn’t print when it’s cold!

Well spotted sir! It is indeed the J65 or E22 has I will be building it!

As for printing so did I, but the printing of the station facade using the large FDM printer has generated enough warmth to keep the studio heated apparently and she printed very well. I will bring it along to the club tonight for a gander! 

• Like 1