Problems ordering from the LNWR historical society - resolved!

Guest WM183

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

Can I just add that had you been a member of the GNRS your books would have been hand delivered by Steve and read to you as a bedtime story...we like to go the extra mile..

Living in Spain, I might just join and try the facility!

Mike.

• RMweb Gold
53 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

How much time does Steve spend with you?!!

Mike.

It depends, text books are easy so don't take long, but diagrams or maps can't be read so are interpretive dance...

• Funny 1

Guest WM183

Book has arrived with my friend in the UK. And she will send it along to me. Thanks for sending it again.

Hopefully the book is received soon and I can get enough info to design 3d prints for bogie sides/parts!

Amanda

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, WM183 said:

Book has arrived with my friend in the UK. And she will send it along to me. Thanks for sending it again.

Hopefully the book is received soon and I can get enough info to design 3d prints for bogie sides/parts!

Amanda

Perhaps it would be appropriate to change the topic title (by editing your opening post) to reflect the fact that your problem was specifically with ordering a book from the Society, rather than with the Society as a whole, and that the matter has been resolved?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• Guest changed the title to Problems ordering from the LNWR historical society - resolved!
Guest WM183
2 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

Perhaps it would be appropriate to change the topic title (by editing your opening post) to reflect the fact that your problem was specifically with ordering a book from the Society, rather than with the Society as a whole, and that the matter has been resolved?

Done and Done.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to follow up on an earlier technical point some emails which are supposed to have been forwarded from sales@ to me have not been, new filters and technical stuff above my understanding have been applied and this issue should not occur going forwards. 

Overall, this has been helpful in highlighting an issue which is now resolved, we were able to quickly remedy a situation once known about, and I look forwards to seeing Amanda's LNWR carriages being built in the Netherlands. 

If anyone wants anything L&NWR related - contact me at sales@lnwrs.org.uk and I will be happy to help

David  

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, LNWR lives on said:

Just to follow up on an earlier technical point some emails which are supposed to have been forwarded from sales@ to me have not been, new filters and technical stuff above my understanding have been applied and this issue should not occur going forwards. 

Overall, this has been helpful in highlighting an issue which is now resolved, we were able to quickly remedy a situation once known about, and I look forwards to seeing Amanda's LNWR carriages being built in the Netherlands. 

If anyone wants anything L&NWR related - contact me at sales@lnwrs.org.uk and I will be happy to help

David  

It is unfortunate when you don't receive important emails.

I had a customer that I tried to send a quote to and indeed attempted to do so from 3 different email addresses. None of them allegedly received, even though I cc'd them to myself, without issue. I followed up with phone calls and he denied ever receiving them. It had to be something his end, because no one else complained of the same thing.

In the end, he said that if you can't send a simple email - don't bother! Read that however you like.

An alternative means of contact should be made available, in case of difficulty. I know not everyone likes receiving phone calls from unknown numbers, due to spam issues these days, but the alternative is missing out on sales, like this example. However a single source of supply, makes losing out to competitors (unless you count other railway societies!) unlikely.

21 hours ago, LNWR lives on said:

David  

I had exactly the same problems back in October last year, although it was eventually resolved in February. Perhaps I should have posted on RMweb to get quicker results!

I think part of the problem can be ISP's over-sensitive spam filters putting things into spam folders which people don't think to check on a regular basis. The first thing I do on opening my computer is log on to my email server on BT and see what is there, both in my inbox and spam folder even before I download my emails.  Several times I've found emails which shouldn't be in the latter.

Jim

• 1 month later...

So the drama of this book continues (NOT the society's fault here) - my friend went on vacation through much of July, and finally shipped the book to me in early August, with UPS... why is beyond me, but she did. Three weeks pass, a customs duty bill arrives and is paid. After another week, UPS delivers... a badly damaged and torn open EMPTY box. Sigh. Shipment refused. Claim opened.

I just want the damned book. It is seriously cursed!

Amanda

On 22/07/2022 at 15:47, LNWR lives on said:

David  

Well, I suspect I will be ordering another copy, along with the LNWR wagon volumes. It seems UPS decided I just wasn't getting my book after all. This is seriously way more trouble than I ever imagined buying a simple book could be.

On 05/09/2022 at 13:28, WM183 said:

Well, I suspect I will be ordering another copy, along with the LNWR wagon volumes. It seems UPS decided I just wasn't getting my book after all. This is seriously way more trouble than I ever imagined buying a simple book could be.

Good Morning - I am so sorry to hear of your continuing troubles (only just come onto RMWeb today)

Drop me a line to Sales@lnwrs.org.uk and lets get it sorted. Whilst I cant do anything about UPS, I will sort something out with you. 

Best

David

L&NWRS Sales Officer

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

David,

Thank you so much for your offer of help. My husband bought another copy off Ebay the day the destroyed UPS shipment came (he didnt tell me at the time) and it arrived, um... Thursday I think. I will go poke around the website though, I am sure there's other books I want to add to the shelf on the LNWR. I liked your post, though do not remember doing so? Odd.

Anyway, I will definitely order some books shortly.

Thank you!

Amanda