Heljan update from DEMU Showcase 2022

AY Mod

Thanks for sharing these images here Andy.

Hi Ben, it was great to see you at showcase this weekend and chat about all the new models coming. Thanks for letting me have a close look at the new tooling. 

The 26 with car headlights is looking particularly nice, the detail around the tanks and bogies is very well

done with plenty of depth. The etch parts just add to it on the steps and the body side grills. Think

this will be extremely popular. 

I am looking forward to the 104 which again has lots of detail and variations. I can easily see the NSE and a blue one joining my fleet but the Mexican Bean will do very well in the shop.

The weathered 45 or 106 are a bit tempting.

All the best

Mark

2 hours ago, Fen End Pit said:

Does the 104 have the motor under the floor? It would be nice to get a decent DMU which doesn't have a guard's compartment full of gearbox.

David

According to Rails, “Class 104 will feature a low profile mechanism powering one car per set”.

• RMweb Premium

Was there any word or samples regarding Heljan’s 7mm DMUs?  I’m thinking decorated  Bubblecars & 117s can’t be far off if the latest delivery dates are anything to go by.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Solo said:

I’m thinking decorated  Bubblecars & 117s can’t be far off if the latest delivery dates are anything to go by.

From Tower. You can usually estimate slippage by tracking how the ones ahead of them are doing.

NEWS 14th June 2022

Heljan release schedule updates.

Today Heljan have given us an update on their release schedule for the following O gauge products:

Heljan Class 37/4 re-run - in transit, due July 2022

Heljan Catfish and Dogfish, in production, expected September or October 2022

Heljan Class 26, awaiting production slot, expected October 2022

Heljan Class 27 awaiting production slot, expected November 2022

Heljan CCT awaiting production slot, expected November 2022

Heljan Class 117 awaiting decorated samples, expected late 2022

Heljan Class 121 awaiting decorated samples, expected late 2022

Heljan Class 122 awaiting decorated samples, expected late 2022

• 1 month later...

Good morning. 

Do you have a date for liveried samples, please?

Having received an email from Hattons this week advising of imminent price increases, I’d like to pre-order one (or more!) However, I would like to see the exact liveries beforehand if possible. 
Thank you. 

1 hour ago, westonp said:

Having received an email from Hattons this week advising of imminent price increases, I’d like to pre-order one (or more!)

You mean the price of a 3-car DMU in 4mm scale is going to be even more than £380 in 4mm scale - and that's before you add the cost of fitting it with DCC ?  🙄

So how much are we talking about  - £500 ??

The sound chip had better include the rattling of the windows.

Edited by Michael Hodgson

Is there not an option for a Class 104 in just plain BR Blue?

no headcode panel, no white stripe (looks like the last vehicle had that til 1985), no NSE flash, not Blue-Grey. That would be how I'd remember them post 1985 til they disappeared with Sprinterisation

• Like 1