RevolutioN Trains Announce Alcan PCA Alumina Tanks in OO Gauge

sc2016

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, meanach said:

Im not sure if I should be worried but mine showed dispatched Friday but I haven’t had them. Which carrier are you using ? 

As per the note at the bottom of the email you received - if you paid a balance then that dispatch email is automatically generated (we can’t change that unfortunately unless we remove the deposit system) when you pay a balance but the order is sent when the other “half” of the order ie the balance is marked as despatched. 

Cheers Mike

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 18/01/2024 at 20:01, Revolution Mike said:

As per the note at the bottom of the email you received - if you paid a balance then that dispatch email is automatically generated (we can’t change that unfortunately unless we remove the deposit system) when you pay a balance but the order is sent when the other “half” of the order ie the balance is marked as despatched. 

Cheers Mike

Hi Mike,

I have dropped an email in, looks like I'm getting broken links for two of my invoices, one went through no bother funnily enough.

I've no doubt there's a straightforward fix

Regards

Mark 

Mine arrived and straight onto layout. Switched my couplings to Kadee and height pretty much perfect making life easy there.  I did place one alongside the (to my eye) cosmetically similar Bachmann metal air PCA and whilst the former is a nice wagon, the new model shows just how far things have progressed in last few years with just more general finesse around most areas. V nice indeed. I have a small stash of GBRF 66s that didn’t have much to pull on my Scottish layout but now they can replicate the FW alumina trains. #gbrf66saysthankyourevolution

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm surprised there hasn't been more action on this thread stating just how good the new Alcan PCA's are.  They've been the missing wagon type for my West Highland Line layout plans so after pestering Mike and Ben for a few years on these, I put my money where my mouth is and bought 3 rakes of them for different running time periods:

De-branded Alcan (early 2000's)

Rio Tinto (2012-2014)

Liberty (Current day).

IMG_0570.JPG.19f95f8882e93f4118689bc3710a4dd1.JPG

It seems a shame to have to weather these but it must be done.  I'm hoping to have the Rio Tinto set weathered and ready to run on Tulloch Bridge at Model Rail Scotland at the end of the month.

Thanks,

Martin

• Like 7
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Rammstein2609 said:

I'm surprised there hasn't been more action on this thread stating just how good the new Alcan PCA's are.

Mine haven't arrived yet, but they do look good in your photograph.  Not modelling the West Highland, I didn't feel tempted to buy quite as many as you!!! 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rammstein2609 said:

Hi All,

I thought it was worth showing some photos of a small rake of weathered Alcan tanks as I'm quite pleased with how they've turned out.  Taken today on Tulloch Bridge during setup for Model Rail Scotland 2024 at the Glasgow SEC:

IMG_0626.JPG.f779f9318ee4e9df31b293f9b2ed18c3.JPG

IMG_0627.JPG.d60e6d05346c9e708dda57d78646a3d6.JPG

IMG_0628.JPG.f24e59c0aea19c82323017198ead4e1c.JPG

These wagons really are fantastic and fill a huge gap (for me and WHL modelling).  Thanks RevolutioN!

Martin

They are a lovely model BUT OMG you’ve taken them to another level with your weathering. The first photo in particular I thought was a picture of the real thing - for which I am also complimenting your impressively realistic layout. Look forward to seeing in the flesh at MRS.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Those are stunning. Well done. I would suggest some photos of those would go very well on the realistic modelling thread! 

Look forward to seeing this tomorrow!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Matt said:

They are a lovely model BUT OMG you’ve taken them to another level with your weathering. The first photo in particular I thought was a picture of the real thing - for which I am also complimenting your impressively realistic layout. Look forward to seeing in the flesh at MRS.

Agreed - they are very nicely done. I did a double-take on the first photo too! 

On 22/02/2024 at 20:34, Rammstein2609 said:

Hi All,

I thought it was worth showing some photos of a small rake of weathered Alcan tanks as I'm quite pleased with how they've turned out.  Taken today on Tulloch Bridge during setup for Model Rail Scotland 2024 at the Glasgow SEC:

IMG_0626.JPG.f779f9318ee4e9df31b293f9b2ed18c3.JPG

IMG_0627.JPG.d60e6d05346c9e708dda57d78646a3d6.JPG

IMG_0628.JPG.f24e59c0aea19c82323017198ead4e1c.JPG

These wagons really are fantastic and fill a huge gap (for me and WHL modelling).  Thanks RevolutioN!

Martin

Really authentic weathering, that first one had me double take. 

I shudder to think how long we have been talking about these wagons, I think it was when I had a full head of hair 😂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 24/02/2024 at 21:16, westie7 said:

Really authentic weathering, that first one had me double take. 

I shudder to think how long we have been talking about these wagons, I think it was when I had a full head of hair 😂

Can't wait for them to be announced in N gauge (hint, hint .... please, before I start cutting up Farish Metalair cement wagons and sticking them on peco 15'chassis !!)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 03060 said:

Can't wait for them to be announced in N gauge (hint, hint .... please, before I start cutting up Farish Metalair cement wagons and sticking them on peco 15'chassis !!)

Have you filled in an Expression of Interest?  Your wish won't come true if you don't.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Dungrange said:

Have you filled in an Expression of Interest?  Your wish won't come true if you don't.

Thanks for that, I'd missed that bit of information completely even though I am supposedly signed up for and certainly have had newsletters in the past.

Expression of interest form now submitted and newsletter sign up redone just to be on the safeside !

Does anybody want to buy 6 Farish Metalair wagons and about 20 Peco 15' chassis ?? LoL

Much appreciated,

Ian.

(Hmmm ... unless PBA Covhops ran on 15' chassis ??)

Edited by 03060
Another thought !
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

OO Gauge Original Condition - Are these all sold out now? 

I can see a few places have the Faded versions, but I'm not seeing the original ones??

The Revolution website doesn't even have the PCAs in the shop??

Did I miss out :-o

• RMweb Gold

We don’t sell models that our retailers have when the models have arrived. I’m not sure if any of our retailers still have stock (I suspect the Alcan branded versions will go most quickly as they were the most popular versions) - it might be worth trying some of our retailers without e-commerce websites or that might not have listed them yet. I’d try Trains4U, Craft Hobbies in Barrow, TTC or Coastal DCC (in no particular order!). 

cheers Mike

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, wirey33 said:

The Revolution website doesn't even have the PCAs in the shop??

Did I miss out :-o

I also missed the deadline for ordering these wagons direct.   I thought I still had plenty time and was caught by surprise at the Glasgow show when I found that they were already released.    Rails of Sheffield still have five different packs remaining in stock on their website covering Rio Tinto, debranded Alcan, Lochaber-Liberty and Alvance.    If you still want them, I suggest you might move quickly though, Rails still had a choice of seven different packs listed last weekend when I placed my order, down to five already.  I have just been notified that mine are due for delivery tomorrow.

Edited to add:- Of the original condition with ladders wagons, it looks like the only pack still available from Rails is the de-branded version.

Edited by cessna152towser
update

• RMweb Premium

It's encouraging to see how well these have sold for future west highland line models. Looks in a Timber-P shaped direction!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
On 06/02/2024 at 12:27, Rammstein2609 said:

I'm surprised there hasn't been more action on this thread stating just how good the new Alcan PCA's are.

Possibly because the announcements of the proposed product and deadline for pre-order were quite low key, easily missed unless you were a regular visitor to this thread and many of us still didn't have any when you posted.  I only found out at the Glasgow show that these wagons were already available retail and I am sure I have been far from alone in scrambling around trying to obtain these much sought after wagons.   I only have a small fiddle yard to branch terminus layout so my scenario is that the Lynemouth-Fort William train has been diverted via a triangular junction and needs to run round at the end of my branch.  The train had to be split as the loop is only long enough for the GBRf 66 to run round 7 PCA wagons.   My 4-pack arrived this morning and I am absolutely delighted with the crisp detail and superb running qualities.   I may look out for another three single wagons either on the second hand market or if these are offered as singles in a future production run (hint).IMG20240314125017

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I have been craving a second pack of these superb wagons ever since the first four arrived.     Today I received 5% discount offer from Rainbow Railways.   I checked to confirm the discount code would work for Revolution PCAs, but it was only valid till midnight tonight so I needed to decide quick.   I pulled the trigger on a Rio Tinto Alcan pack, which can run mixed with the Lochaber Liberty wagons which I already have. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

The new wagons arrived today and I ran the full rake of 8, using a shunting loco to release the class 66 as my loop is only long enough to run round 7.    I noticed there was a little white discharge control wheel missing from wagon 55564 from the first batch and looked everywhere for it without success.   Viewing again my photo which I posted on the day that the first batch arrived, I see it was already missing when that wagon had its first run.    Will it will be possible to obtain spares of small parts such as this?