Kaminecke-Bahn (Die Museumsbahn)

47606odin

Those are very nice and demonstrate a perfect example of the benefits for collecting DB Epoch IV and the benefits of collecting DR Epoch III, to wit:  

(1)  after spending €800± the DB collector has five of the finest freight cars made.

(2)  since the manufacturer did not make those cars in DR Epoch III the DR collector still has €800± in the bank.

P.S.  If memory serves (it often does not) the maker of those cars released two complimentary sets with different car numbers which permits the lucky-duck collector/operator another excuse for repeating Step (1) above.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, Clinton Ross said:

Those are very nice and demonstrate a perfect example of the benefits for collecting DB Epoch IV and the benefits of collecting DR Epoch III, to wit:  

(1)  after spending €800± the DB collector has five of the finest freight cars made.

(2)  since the manufacturer did not make those cars in DR Epoch III the DR collector still has €800± in the bank.

P.S.  If memory serves (it often does not) the maker of those cars released two complimentary sets with different car numbers which permits the lucky-duck collector/operator another excuse for repeating Step (1) above.

fingers crossed they arrive soon. It was just coincidence the locos I have are era 3, and unfortunate that the wagons aren’t, however, it could be a transition from different numbering systems, or a heritage line which is the option I have gone for in the realms of blurring numbering systems.

what does surprise me is that in continental O gauge, models are very much set in the past with nothing from the modern era except the occasional modern livery on DB locos that have lasted from the 60’s and 70’s

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 14/12/2023 at 10:15, 47606odin said:

Well, my museum has just purchased an MBW V200. should compliment my other locos nicely, and is probably enough diesels now

Nonsense! There is no such thing as "enough" when it comes to model locos in general & diesels in particular. 😁😉👍

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went to the Warley MRC's Open Day today. Tucked away at the back of their bring'n'buy stand were a couple of boxed Lenz Spur 0 wagons, a box van (not sure what sort, the packing tissue obscured it) and a black tank wagon, both 4-wheelers.

I saw them & thought of this Thread. At £60 each my gut feeling was they were a bargain, and yes, I was tempted!!

Was I right about the price?

I resisted because I need to save for Kettering O Scale show, and just 2 wagons wouldn't be enough - I'd need a loco, a few more wagons, a suitable layout - in short I don't need more distraction or such an exciting ride down another slippery slope!!! 😱😂😂

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

4 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

I went to the Warley MRC's Open Day today. Tucked away at the back of their bring'n'buy stand were a couple of boxed Lenz Spur 0 wagons, a box van (not sure what sort, the packing tissue obscured it) and a black tank wagon, both 4-wheelers.

I saw them & thought of this Thread. At £60 each my gut feeling was they were a bargain, and yes, I was tempted!!

Was I right about the price?

I resisted because I need to save for Kettering O Scale show, and just 2 wagons wouldn't be enough - I'd need a loco, a few more wagons, a suitable layout - in short I don't need more distraction or such an exciting ride down another slippery slope!!! 😱😂😂

I would have had them lol