The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The road to the moon and beyond to Mars.

ERIC ALLTORQUE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Billionaires making more money to bus people into space for a few mins is a waste of time compared to Musk trying to push the engineering to get more done in space

Looking like Ship and booster launch test is close as marine exclusion notices are issued for 31st of month,this one should go much better.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Space flight is hard.

As proven by the recent failed Russian Luna-25 mission - ending (presumably) with a crash on the lunar surface after and extended uncontrolled burn of a maneuvering engine.

India is trying again with Chandrayaan-3 (planned lunar landing tomorrow) four years after the Chandrayaan-2 Vikram lander failed in 2019.

Some nice images of the approach here.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

India with a moon mission costing billions while we in the UK give them £billions in aid.

And our trains in the UK are *****

At least there are no passengers on the roofs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brit15

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 25/08/2023 at 20:39, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

I missed this when originally posted. Was there any pad damage? I can see loads of debris being flung around again, the fence by the tank farm might need a slight bit of rebuilding too.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, 57xx said:

I missed this when originally posted. Was there any pad damage? I can see loads of debris being flung around again, the fence by the tank farm might need a slight bit of rebuilding too.

All seems good with the water deluge system being further enhanced after this static fire,its just the FAA thats holding back the second launch,Elons comented they have repaired the launch pad and built 4 or so ships and boosters in the time they want to shuffle paperwork.The proof will be in the full force of 7,5k tons of thrust at lift off.

• Like 1