Gateway Industrial Park

5 hours ago, Chris Gilbert1 said:

The paint still has a few days to dry.

Ah, the Spirit of TVNAM lives on..!! 🤣👍👍

If anything, you're a bit early with that. My understanding was that paint on layouts at TVNAM should still be drying during setting up.... 😉🤪🤪

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Excellent - could we ask what the dimensions are (it’s all well spaced out).  The kind of switching layout it can be a real joy to watch in action.

Especially like the Dunder Mifflin Paper Company, Inc. trucks - a nice touch (what could possibly go wrong…)

Keith.

Edited by Keith Addenbrooke

3 hours ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Excellent - could we ask what the dimensions are (it’s all well spaced out).  The kind of switching layout it can be a real joy to watch in action.

Especially like the Dunder Mifflin Paper Company, Inc. trucks - a nice touch (what could possibly go wrong…)

Keith.

Thanks Keith 

The layout is 8ft 8 inches by 18inches 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Ok, so I had to google it.... 🙄😳 but then, I never really "got" 'The Office' - I sat through a whole episode with some friends once and whilst they collapsed laughing, I smiled just once at something. I just didn't find it funny - they said it was because I'd never worked in an office why I didn't get it.

Good link though for those who are familiar with the US TV version. 👍

• Like 1

20 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

Ok, so I had to google it.... 🙄😳 but then, I never really "got" 'The Office' - I sat through a whole episode with some friends once and whilst they collapsed laughing, I smiled just once at something. I just didn't find it funny - they said it was because I'd never worked in an office why I didn't get it.

Good link though for those who are familiar with the US TV version. 👍

TBH F-Unit, it’s not my cup of tea, I just wanted a paper manufacturer that wasn’t real, so nobody could tell me I’d modelled that wrong, same reason I model the Brownville and Ashland.  

• Like 5

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

Great to see the layout in action at the Macc show today - the custom decal work was the stand out aspect for me (as in, so good it could easily pass as a real RR name and stock).  Apologies for taking up @Chris Gilbert1’s time asking exactly the same question I’d forgotten I asked here eighteen months ago, sorry (but found the explanation really helpful - headshunt for one loco and 50’ car, then two cars to the next switch, three cars and so on, so the switching has a well planned increasing complexity).  Very smooth running of course.  Excellent, Keith.

• 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, stivesnick said:

Hi 

Great to see the layout in Continental Modeller this month. Some excellent photos and very informative text.

Nick 

Thanks for the heads up. Must visit Smiffs soon. 👍👍

• RMweb Gold

I've just found this.  Excellent work, it all looks fantastic.

The Dunder Mifflin reference tickles me also...(that's what she said).

Best

Scott.