If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

Red Panda Underframes

Mallard60022

2 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Any Red Panda UFs 4mm  Van; 10'/9' Clasp Braked BR/LMS.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Any Red Panda UFs 4mm  Van; 10'/9' Clasp Braked BR/LMS.

Thanks.

These people are the only source of the 10' clasp-braked, lifting-link, Red Panda underframe since Parkside became part of Peco:-

https:

//www.hamodels.net/about-us.html

Peco/ Parkside do the 10' ex-LMS design of clasp-braked underframe (catalogue reference PA16). It's particularly good value, as it has sole-bars for both the version with secondary suspension and 'plain'

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 18/09/2022 at 14:44, Fat Controller said:

These people are the only source of the 10' clasp-braked, lifting-link, Red Panda underframe since Parkside became part of Peco:-

https:

//www.hamodels.net/about-us.html

Peco/ Parkside do the 10' ex-LMS design of clasp-braked underframe (catalogue reference PA16). It's particularly good value, as it has sole-bars for both the version with secondary suspension and 'plain'

Thanks. Sadly PA16 is not the design I need with offset V hangers.

Appreciate you r time though.

Phil

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Somebody else probably saw that post and beat you to it!

Yup. I was a little slow there. 

There is an etched kit available but it/they look really fiddly and don't have all the fittings except the rods and levers etc. They are 12£ ish so I'm not that keen. I may just have to use the Parkside ones and put up with it. They are only Vans after all.

P

5 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Missed those. Is there a link by any chance? I've scoured EBay for weeks and not seen any.

P

Not sure if it’s permitted to promote eBay listings but if you search “Red Panda Finescale” on said site, you should find them

• Thanks 1

Gentlemen...

Harry *should* have the Red Panda BR 10' wb 8 shoe clasp brake underframe by 3rd October.

I realise it was damned inconvenient of me to become seriously ill recently resulting in a number of successive hospital admissions.

This prevented me from doing any packing of kits following a period of low component stock and recent re-supply of same.

A packing blitz will occur this weekend with stock being forwarded to Harry at H&A Models at the earliest opportunity.

Thank you for your patience and continued patronage.

Mark McKendrick,

Originator and proprietor,

RED PANDA Railway Models.

Edited by mckendrick
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, mckendrick said:

Gentlemen...

Harry *should* have the Red Panda BR 10' wb 8 shoe clasp brake underframe by 3rd October.

I realise it was damned inconvenient of me to become seriously ill recently resulting in a number of successive hospital admissions.

This prevented me from doing any packing of kits following a period of low component stock and recent re-supply of same.

A packing blitz will occur this weekend with stock being forwarded to Harry at H&A Models at the earliest opportunity.

Thank you for your patience and continued patronage.

Mark McKendrick,

Originator and proprietor,

RED PANDA Railway Models.

Blimey Mark. I didn't know this until Harry mentioned it. I do hope you are mended and back to full fitness ASAP.

There has been a 'burst' of interest in Underframes, alongside the normal requirements after some posts about Banana Vans believe it or not. As I have now learned of my ignorance of the correct UFs for various Stock from the discussions, I look forward to your becoming active and in production again.

All the very best and thanks for your post.

Phil Ramsay (Totally Bananas).

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 22/09/2022 at 16:28, RANGERS said:

Not sure if it’s permitted to promote eBay listings but if you search “Red Panda Finescale” on said site, you should find them

Ah, that magic word Finescale; thanks. Indeed I have now.

Phil

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, RobMG said:

You should find that H&A have them  now.  I was told over a week ago told a batch had been sent to them. 

I need some as well.

Rob.

Bought the whole Stock Rob.......😉

Good luck and thanks for the heads up. I had a message from H & A on arrival. That's the sort of Trader they are.....Class

P

• Like 1
  • Agree 1