LTM 2022 S stock 4 car pack

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Gold

I have noted the older one has dropped in price (these were over £1200 at one point !)

I saw one around £650 over the weekend, but Ive opted for the newer one at £540 (with 10% discount), cant really justify 2 of these in this price range.

A suspect a high number of these will sell to overseas tourists, who have more money to spend than us Brits these days, as it is a uniquely London train.

Website suggests 267 available.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

On 21/11/2022 at 14:08, adb968008 said:

I have noted the older one has dropped in price (these were over £1200 at one point !)

I saw one around £650 over the weekend, but Ive opted for the newer one at £540 (with 10% discount), cant really justify 2 of these in this price range.

A suspect a high number of these will sell to overseas tourists, who have more money to spend than us Brits these days, as it is a uniquely London train.

Website suggests 267 available.

I think it's unsurprising that the new release has dialled back the s/h price for the previous versions. I'm curious about the effect on solo trailer cars though as these don't seem to form part of the latest release; I suspect that until or unless a further batch are done these will stay buoyant. 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, andyman7 said:

I think it's unsurprising that the new release has dialled back the s/h price for the previous versions. I'm curious about the effect on solo trailer cars though as these don't seem to form part of the latest release; I suspect that until or unless a further batch are done these will stay buoyant. 

There was an early version of the LTM set on the NWPG stand this weekend at Warley for £650, but it was still there on sunday afternoon. I think the bottoms falling on v1.

v2 has the painted interiors as an extra benefit, as long as its in stock v1 will really be below v2 in price, so circa £450-500. I guess sellers have time to adjust a little while to realisation, given LTM has hundreds to go at.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

All depends though.

If someone wants a genuine v1 with certificate and different numbering / destination then buying at around the same price as v2 isn't unreasonable.

Alternatively, if there's barely 300 left, that's not a huge amount so prices could again stay high.

But I imagine those that really wanted one would have been in that 200 of initial buyers, which leads back to the first bit - people wanting a genuine v1 stock train.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

All depends though.

If someone wants a genuine v1 with certificate and different numbering / destination then buying at around the same price as v2 isn't unreasonable.

Alternatively, if there's barely 300 left, that's not a huge amount so prices could again stay high.

But I imagine those that really wanted one would have been in that 200 of initial buyers, which leads back to the first bit - people wanting a genuine v1 stock train.

I don't think anyone who bought v1 will be out of pocket, unless they bought this summer.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone fitted interior lighting to the latest s stock ?

I got the set for Christmas and have been running it today 

it looks like there’s locating bits on the underneath of the roof where the lights should fit ?

what have people used for lights on the s stock?

• Like 1

On 30/12/2022 at 10:33, Monkey28 said:

Thanks.

I would prefer something that works of track power but may take a look at these 

I am currently in the process of lighting my three S Stock sets but will be using warm white LED strips instead for a more authentic look.

The close couplings that the S Stock uses need tinkering so that the carriage LEDs can be connected in series. Allowing me to power them through DCC input.

Sound on my units will be provided by a legomanbiffo sound chip.

Edited by Patrick Blake
  • Like 2

On 30/12/2022 at 11:17, Patrick Blake said:

I am currently in the process of lighting my three S Stock sets but using warm white LED strips for a more authentic look.

The close couplings that the S Stock need tinkering so that I can connect all carriages in series so that the LEDs can be powered through DCC input.

Sound on my units will be provided by a legomanbiffo sound chip.

Are you taking photos as you do it?
Would be interested to see a guide.

• Like 1