LTM 2022 S stock 4 car pack

Paul.Uni

• Paul.Uni changed the title to LTM 2022 S stock 4 car pack

Wow, that's quite a price jump, £595 when the original 4 pack was sold for £280! No mention of tooling changes, just painted seats.

Given some of the crazy prices they go for on eBay, it wouldn't surprise me if they still sell out, but I don't think many tourists will be buying them on a whim from the Covent Garden shop.

Just glad I got my original 8 car set when I did!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LittleRedTrain said:

Wow, that's quite a price jump, £595 when the original 4 pack was sold for £280! No mention of tooling changes, just painted seats.

I have just ordered and got a 10% code for my first order so was £540. It is a big jump but not a surprise really given what has happened in between.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, letterspider said:

Are these in stock. The website seems to indicate they are? Would they be available in Covent Gardrn museum shop,

It says they are to be dispatched late Autumn but doesn't indicate when they will be in the shop (but I am sure it said they would be, assuming they don't sell out by then).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

Wonder how this will affect prices of the original version.

Rapido doing another APT-E run seemed to drop the prices of the NRM ones (I think the only ones at high prices now are those bought by 2nd hand retailers before the re release)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, andyman7 said:

It should hopefully temper the price of the existing ones a bit (and I have one, but the current resale market in these is bonkers).

Yeah, like the thing is that collectors probably want the first one or both. Likewise that people wanting two trains might want both running numbers. People who run their trains without either will probably settle for either. So I think the older ones will still carry a slight premium but make them more sensible.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Clearly there is a demand, judging by the last three months of 'completed sales' on eBay - yep, just three sets sold (or is it the same set twice in one case?). It might take the wind out of the sails of the current optimistic sellers who are looking for £900 upwards... When including the discount, LTM's are almost half the price. Supply and demand. Economics in action! Either way, at least the LTM have provided an option for those who are keen

Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 09.42.40.png

Edited by Mel_H
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

One is the same seller twice.

They relisted two or three times due to non-payment, progressivly getting less value through each one.

Just got to check those numbers - if they're stickers, they're a dud buy IMO.

There was a batch that had been 3rd party modified to have different running numbers, which looked like stickers… didnt do it justice imo.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 25/09/2022 at 13:57, letterspider said:

Are these in stock. The website seems to indicate they are? Would they be available in Covent Gardrn museum shop,

Dont ask to use the toilets there though…

I spent £360 on the two class 20’s and asked at the checkout if I could use the loo, they replied NO.. you have to buy something from the cafe to use that.

• Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Still massively on the fence about getting this, on one hand it’s been on the top of my wishlist for years now but I’ll probably have to sell a few things to afford it including my prized XC 220. 
The original releases seemed to be discounted at 20% as they didn’t sell too well 2nd time round (and that was when the RRP was at £350!). 
Will have to make my mind up whether to take the 10% discount now or wait and maybe take my chances and see if they discount it at 20% at the LTM if they become stagnant (which I can see being likely).

• Like 1

On 26/09/2022 at 22:54, adb968008 said:

There was a batch that had been 3rd party modified to have different running numbers, which looked like stickers… didnt do it justice imo.

They were not stickers, but overprints. There were two separate additional renumbered sets including extra cars so three full 8 car sets possible from the original release. I have one original and one of the renumbered sets. The renumbering looks fine, it is noticeable if you look closely but these days do you think anyone will be quibbling at £280 a set? 

Edited by andyman7
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mine arrived today.

Not sure if the extra painted seats and different numbers is worth it but we'll see.

Mine had a black dust mark down the side and not sure what's happening around the destination board, so not a good start.  Only inspected one coach so far.  The numbers are normal - no printing over on this coach at least!

20221111_152702.jpg

20221111_152711.jpg

20221111_153019.jpg

20221111_153112.jpg

20221111_153123.jpg

20221111_153201.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 2