Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Hornby announce TT:120

AY Mod

1 hour ago, luke_stevens said:

I had my e-mail yesterday too. Then today I got a DPD e-mail with a tracking link that comes up as "oops, bad request.... Fingers crossed that it arrives when I'm home.

Luke

I had the same "Oops, bad request..." on my Windows 11 desktop using Chrome.

However on my Andriod tablet using Chrome (i.e. not the DPD app) it seems to work OK although it says they've received the order details but are waiting to receive the parcel.

• Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Porfuera said:

I had the same "Oops, bad request..." on my Windows 11 desktop using Chrome.

However on my Andriod tablet using Chrome (i.e. not the DPD app) it seems to work OK although it says they've received the order details but are waiting to receive the parcel.

Interesting. I get the same "bad request" on Android phone, Android tablet and Windows pc... But if DPD are still waiting for the parcel then it might not arrive until Tuesday :)

Luke

6 hours ago, luke_stevens said:

Interesting. I get the same "bad request" on Android phone, Android tablet and Windows pc... But if DPD are still waiting for the parcel then it might not arrive until Tuesday :)

Luke

I had similar problems with the DPD tracker when l was waiting for my Scotsman before Christmas. But it arrived promptly the next day all the same.

• Like 2

I had two emails, seems one from ccl-logistics with the shipping number and the other DPD the bad link, combined the two and it worked! It's coming Monday according to them.

Edited by Hobby

9 hours ago, luke_stevens said:

Luke

You could try the DPD app - that works fine on my phone but is a bit unreadable on my tablet (the text is too large).

Anyway, first thing this morning my parcel was due for delivery Monday (when there won't be anyone home - typical, I thought), then a quick recheck just now to reschedule the delivery for Tuesday and I found that it is currently due to arrive today between 11:28 and 12:28 - so two hours to go, more or less!

Not really enough time to get into SWMBO's good books...

Edited by Porfuera
  • Round of applause 1

23 minutes ago, Porfuera said:

You could try the DPD app - that works fine on my phone but is a bit unreadable on my tablet (the text is too large).

Anyway, first thing this morning my parcel was due for delivery Monday (when there won't be anyone home - typical, I thought), then a quick recheck just now to reschedule the delivery for Tuesday and I found that it is currently due to arrive today between 11:28 and 12:28 - so two hours to go, more or less!

Unfortunately I'm not at home today so have asked to deliver to a collection point 🤞 It's worked before so I'm hopeful 😌

Luke

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

About DPD, I use these now (since 'B') for everything coming out of the UK. Their website and tracking often give an error, on the Belgian or UK site, but the service is mostly first class. They are way faster too than the Royal Mail - Bpost combo. (And I work for the latter...) 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Porfuera said:

Must be a Internet infection.... attempted to buy some multiple dewalt boxes text on screen allover the place....ordered 2x sets of box at total of 98 quid....when going to pay 294 quid.... either scam page or glitch in matrix

Several people have theirs, photos and videos on FB. One has issues but he's not sure what's causing them, just a video of wheels spinning! The others seem to be working ok... Looks very nice! Mine's due on Monday but I'm on late shift so won't see it until Tuesday!

• Friendly/supportive 1

21 minutes ago, Hobby said:

Several people have theirs, photos and videos on FB. One has issues but he's not sure what's causing them, just a video of wheels spinning! The others seem to be working ok... Looks very nice! Mine's due on Monday but I'm on late shift so won't see it until Tuesday!

So far ive seen 4 videos

2 running with no issues the other 2 sitting with spinning wheels. One seems stuck on a point but thinks tender wheels may be stiff and the other looked like it was trying to get it up a slight incline

36 minutes ago, meatloaf said:

So far ive seen 4 videos

2 running with no issues the other 2 sitting with spinning wheels. One seems stuck on a point but thinks tender wheels may be stiff and the other looked like it was trying to get it up a slight incline

I had an issue of spinning wheels when testing my A4.  It turned out the brake rodding had come detached and had caught in the track.  Ten seconds to see the problem and less than a minute to fix (followed by another ten minutes later to glue the brake rodding in place to keep it there....)  The spigots are a lot smaller than in OO (naturally) and my N-gauge A3s and A4s don't have the rodding separate.

My layout has a slight incline as the workshop floor isn't level.  Haulage before I started monkeying around with the loco was three Pullmans, 3 Mark 1s, 2 6-wheel Umbauwagen coaches and three 4-wheel Thunderbox coaches, equivalent to nine bogie coaches at least.  No spinning going up the slope and round the R2 bend at the top.  With a bit of monkeying around I've reduced this to five to six bogies, but that is my fault rather than Hornby's.

There seem to be 888 sets in the first batch of Easterners.

20230204_110645.jpg.84fcf4f627469c969cea6b6cfd56b909.jpg

Les

• Like 4

Thank you for the information about 'stay alive'.

While I am waiting for my first rolling stock I have found that my TT:120 4' 6" x 3' 3" baseboard just fits into my car although the bottom of the hatchback aperture is less than 3' 3" wide. This is my Universe for Hornby TT:120.

I think the Chinese New Year celebrations began in January and will end on Wednesday 15 February so any new models will already be on their way or will be delayed until around 15 March. I am assuming that it takes a month for goods leaving China to arrive for Hornby at Margate.

I am pleased to see that some of the locomotives and rolling stock is being delivered. I received my 'Flying Scotsman' care of DPD this afternoon but I have not had a chance to run it yet as my layout is in a local village hall.

I am very impressed with the model. Around 1968 I used to look enviously at the Trix 00 gauge 'Flying Scotsman' in the window of Hobbytime of West Wickham but the price was way beyond my income. The Tri-ang Hornby model was cheaper but it did not have the pulling power or the looks of the Trix model and I was not impressed with the Hornby Railways tender driven example or with the Graham Farish N gauge models. I enclose a picture of the three versions and I think that the Hornby TT:120 model is the best model produced to date at a reasonable price. I am looking forward to buying some suitable coaches,

DSCF1287.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, meatloaf said:

So far ive seen 4 videos

I've seen four videos but the two slipping ones are by the same person, "Max Madd"! I suggested that it wasn't a good idea to leave it slipping just to video it!!

• Like 1

the whole tt120 thing is intriging but for me a fan of the AC electric classes and with the likes of  the detailed tooling 85, 86, 87 and 90 only being relatively new entrants to the 00 market after years and years of wishlisting I fear that any move to TT120 for me hoping for these similar models to hit the shops is likely to mean that at my age I am more than likely to have left this mortal coil before all those leccies ever appear unless other manufacturers get in on the action quickly.  ive got my tt120 members pack today and will keep an eye on developments but feel i am currently too investered with what i have and also preorders for more 86s 87s and I would like to see a Class 81.

Edited by ThaneofFife
grammar
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, ThaneofFife said:

the whole tt120 thing is intriging but for me a fan of the AC electric classes and with the likes of  the detailed tooling 85, 86, 87 and 90 only being relatively new entrants to the 00 market after years and years of wishlisting I fear that any move to TT120 for me hoping for these similar models to hit the shops is likely to mean that at my age I am more than likely to have left this mortal coil before all those leccies ever appear unless other manufacturers get in on the action quickly.  ive got my tt120 members pack today and will keep an eye on developments but feel i am currently too investered with what i have and also preorders for more 86s 87s and I would like to see a Class 81.

I can see Piko or more likely Tillig coming up with classes 86 and 87 if they enter the UK market, mainly because both these classes operate in Bulgaria so would get sales outside the UK.  Classes that work alongside them on the Continent are already in the Tillig range.  Class 92 is a possibility for a similar reason.

Les

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThaneofFife said:

I'd expect the 86 to be one of the first British subjects to be produced by a Continental manufacturer in TT since a couple dozen are in service in Hungary, which is a fairly significant TT scale market; 86 is also in Bulgaria (as is the 87) but that's a much smaller model railway market (though I do have a couple of Bulgarian coaches for international trains).

800px-Magyarorsz%C3%A1g_(Hungary),_Budap

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Les1952 said:

I can see Piko or more likely Tillig coming up with classes 86 and 87 if they enter the UK market, mainly because both these classes operate in Bulgaria so would get sales outside the UK.  Classes that work alongside them on the Continent are already in the Tillig range.  Class 92 is a possibility for a similar reason.

Les

Bulgaria isn't really a model railway market... Tillig proposed doing a DR V60 type in BDŽ colours a few years ago but there was insufficient interest to go ahead with it; we'll see if Piko tries to do a Bulgarian version of the Laminátka. Hungary on the other hand is a big enough market that MTB has released the Hungarian M41 diesel in TT, which only ever ran in Hungary (plus a handful in Greece and a few narrow-gauge versions in Tunisia). 92 is also a possibility because they're used in Romania - another market for which MTB has produced a model (CFR class 060DA Sulzer-powered diesels - suitable for modelling a BR Sulzer I think). So yeah my money would be on MTB being the first to enter the UK market.

4 minutes ago, britishcolumbian said:

Bulgaria isn't really a model railway market... Tillig proposed doing a DR V60 type in BDŽ colours a few years ago but there was insufficient interest to go ahead with it; we'll see if Piko tries to do a Bulgarian version of the Laminátka. Hungary on the other hand is a big enough market that MTB has released the Hungarian M41 diesel in TT, which only ever ran in Hungary (plus a handful in Greece and a few narrow-gauge versions in Tunisia). 92 is also a possibility because they're used in Romania - another market for which MTB has produced a model (CFR class 060DA Sulzer-powered diesels - suitable for modelling a BR Sulzer I think). So yeah my money would be on MTB being the first to enter the UK market.

In the meantime there would be the possibility of 3D printed bodies from Lincoln Loco. That said, Lenny Seeney hasn't done AC electrics in 3mm so there is nothing to scale down...

1 hour ago, britishcolumbian said:

'd expect the 86 to be one of the first British subjects to be produced by a Continental manufacturer in TT since a couple dozen are in service in Hungary, which is a fairly significant TT scale market; 86 is also in Bulgaria (as is the 87) but that's a much smaller model railway market (though I do have a couple of Bulgarian coaches for international trains).

That would certainly be an opportunity for Heljan (given the recently updated 00 model).  The problem is of course that Hornby can also jump in with the 87 almost at any time, and there's a hell of a lot of commonality between the 87 and the 86 which could expedite the latter for Hornby if developed in tandem. 

2 minutes ago, frobisher said:

That would certainly be an opportunity for Heljan (given the recently updated 00 model).  The problem is of course that Hornby can also jump in with the 87 almost at any time, and there's a hell of a lot of commonality between the 87 and the 86 which could expedite the latter for Hornby if developed in tandem. 

If Heljan hasn't got itself into Continental TT since 1990, I'm sceptical they have any intention of starting now. Aiming at the north German market should've been a no-brainer for them in buildings and such what with the architectural similarities between Denmark and Northern Germany; not to mention if they were interested in pioneering a market in the scale, they could've aimed at Danish railways too, which even in HO is somewhat underserved. I suspect we've seen the last of them in TT, though I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

2 hours ago, britishcolumbian said:

I suspect we've seen the last of them in TT, though I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Don' forget that Heljan also produce to commission, so it may be that a major retailer partners up with them; which would be OK as long as their drive trains are good from the get-go. The UK market alone already seems to be healthy enough to guarantee sales.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1