Dirty BR blue diesel stabling point

• RMweb Gold

Well this bug has still certainly got a hold. 

I've put in a ground position light signal that just needs wiring in, the hard standing has been laid down and the start of a loco/wagon repair shed has been started. 

I've been so busy with work I'm even doing rest day working as I type this ( Travelling pass from Northampton to New St). 

I'm also in tomorrow on a late turn 1735 until 0058.

But all being well I shall try and upload a couple of pics of the progress so far. 

If anybody has any ideas on a name I'd love to see them. 

Cheers 

Colin 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Following this with interest Colin, as I’m downsizing my plans, less is more and all that 😉 travelling pas on our company normally means a 2h taxi ride at the moment I’m jealous 😂

Looking forward to more pics and loving the track work.

Paul

• Friendly/supportive 1

• CovDriver changed the title to Dirty BR blue diesel stabling point
  • RMweb Gold

Only one pic from yesterday's hour on the layout I've started on the roller shutter door frame and the staff entrance door frame. 

I might be able to get some more work done tomorrow as I'm booked a road review day. 

Cheers 

Colin 

20221116_180033.jpg

Edited by CovDriver
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Not much to report on for the last couple of days work on the layout. 

I've managed to fit lighting on the new fiddleyard board as well as power to the layout. 

Also the scenic board and fiddleyard are now connected and the layout stands on purpose built trestles. The scenic board now also has lighting thanks to an ikea lighting bar with LED's.

I'm hoping to lay the track and points into the fiddleyard sometime this week but with work until Friday on AM turns it's looking slim. 

Cheers 

Colin 

20221127_180651.jpg

20221127_180703.jpg

Edited by CovDriver
Iffy spelling
  • Like 5

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Well the plans for working on the layout have completely gone out of the window as SWMBO & mini SWMBO are away I decided to grab some overtime at work. 

And it's a weekend away this weekend, firstly a trip to Longleat safari Park so I can get the miniature railway in. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Well my summer leave is over and I'm back into work tomorrow but it's only a short job.

And as I was informed by SWMBO that they're returning to Wales tomorrow morning for another week away in the caravan I'm going to be home alone for a week (oh dear, How sad, Nevermind)😄.

So the plan is to get some scenery work done and maybe a running session being filmed and uploaded to youtube as I've got a long weekend off at the end of the week. And potentially a visit to Making Tracks 3 in Chester on Friday.

Cheers 

Colin 

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Well it's day late for the update I mentioned, but here some pics for how the layout stands.

Today I've mostly been putting the concrete fencing up and building a low relief factory unit between the row of houses and the bridge. 

I've not had the time to do a video as yet. As I've had one of the calls from work a bit like big Jim but mine was would I like to work Sunday and rest day working on Monday.

And seen as SWMBO isn't back until Tuesday evening I thought why not. 

Anyway here's a couple of pics of the latest update. 

Cheers 

Colin

20230812_195713.jpg

20230812_195655.jpg

20230812_195522.jpg

20230812_195617.jpg

20230812_195355.jpg

20230812_195306.jpg

20230812_191813.jpg

• Like 18

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Well it's been an absolute age since any updates so here are a couple of pics to show the progress of the layout as it currently stands 

The main jobs I've done recently are the addition of yard lamps on there own power supply and also a ground position light signal which has been wired into the main DCC power bus feeds.

But the big alteration was the removal of the sloping road approach at the front of the layout, I felt it was a little overpowering for such a small layout.

The main overbridge has been modified accordingly and is 99% complete just the curbstones to add and also bus stop as its the law to add a bus on a bridge so I'm told.

Anyway that's enough waffle hope you enjoy the pics. 

The class 20 is idling away in headshunt I could sit here for hours as the new workbench is just below the layout which for a very long time has been cleared today for some much needed modelling projects coming up. 

Cheers 

Colin 

20231128_154340.jpg

20231128_154331.jpg

• Like 17

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Seen as I've been off work recently I've managed to actually do a bit of modelling on the layout. 

Apologies for the lack of updates but with a little get away to Belgium for a week and a bit of stress from the day job normal service now resumes just a couple of pics to show what's been done recently.

Cheers 

Colin 

PXL_20240420_110815832.jpg

PXL_20240420_110809683.jpg

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, CovDriver said:

Apologies for the lack of updates but with a little get away to Belgium for a week and a bit of stress from the day job normal service now resumes just a couple of pics to show what's been done recently.

The best thing about this hobby is that we attend to it at our own pace.

• Like 4