NEW 016.5 Chivers Finelines/Slimrails kit

slimrails

Out now NEW 016.5 RC7839 14' Bogie flat wagon with round top ends(simalar to ones on the WLLR). Kit produced in injection moulded plastic to Chivers Finelines high standards and includes wheels and bearings £16.00 each P&P £3.00 per order(UK only) (Overseas and Europe £1.00 extra per kit). Enquiries and orders to me Simon at Slimrails, 20 Oak croft, Clayon le Woods, Chorley, PR6 7UH, or by telephone 01772 311365(evenings) or at slimrails@btinternet.com. Cheques/postal orders( payable to P S Chivers) and PayPal accepted Creditcards through PayPal.

Web site (no pictures) www.slimrails.co.uk/

The pictures below show 2 ends both are in the kit so there is a choice of end.

Round top ended

shortbogieflatwithroundtopends.jpg

Optional flat end included in the kit

shortbogieflat.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Slimrails will be taking on the Chivers Finelines 0-16.5 White metal Locomotive body kits for RTR chassis in the not to distant future. I will anounce shortly what kits will be available and prices. Most Chassis are still available (some as complete locos with the body not required).

• 4 weeks later...

Slimrails has taken over the 0-16.5 White metal body kit range from Chivers Finelines. Today i was told be a fellow member that there was an RC711 0-16.5 Tralee and Dingle white metal body kit for sale on Ebay, it sold for more money than the new kits availble from me at slimrails, if you are intrested in the 0-16.5 white metal body kit range by Chivers Finelines you may find that i am cheaper than any on Ebay if i advertise on Ebay they will be exactly the same price as my web site.

http://www.slimrails...xlocospage.html

Simon

• 4 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

Heads up for Slimrails here but for the remaining OO range. Just completed a Lamprey ballast wagon and it was a pleasure to build; lovely kit.

I quite often find other kit products to be a faff and prefer to get RTR if available. However the small range of ex Chivers, now Slimrails OO kits, especially the ballast wagons mostly not available RTR, are lovely looking products. I've got a couple of other Diagrams to build in a few weeks time and I'm sure I'm going to enjoy doing them as well.

Usual disclaimer except for being a very satisfied builder of Chivers and now Slimrails kits for many years.

Phil@36E

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Phil. Simon's been selling them for several years now, but the Rogfather is still here! I keep promising myself that I'll do some new kits but somehow I don't get round to it.

Bit of a wow moment in the supermarket today. My Hunset 4-6-0T kit's on the cover of the June BRM!

Roger

• 2 months later...

Archived