Stock Storage Boxes Vendor @ Shows.

J B's model world trades as Chevy625 on ebay.  The full range is not normally shown, mainly the N scale sizes but I believe he is open to negotiation for mail ordering bulk orders of the 00 ones if you cannot get to a show.  I have bought some from a friend of his who had them on his stand when he couldn't attend a show.  I have to admit I have lot's!  I buy the Really Useful Boxes seperately, only buying the inserts at shows, makes it easier to carry out to the car :-)

Tony Comber

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

JB Model World is who I buy mine from, the Really Useful Box type for my 4mm stock and the A4 plastic box version for the TT and 009 stock. As Tony said above, he trades at shows or on ebay (Chevy625), but doesn't otherwise have a webshop. 

He'll be at the Maidenhead show on Sat 7th Jan. 

• 1 year later...

Bumping an old thread I know, but does anyone know what happened to JBs model world?

I have acquired a stack of plastic boxes like the ones they used and logged on to prder foam trays to find no sign of them, his Ebay stock is empty and messages are not answered. Other companies do trays I know but not A4 size.

Best wishes

Simon

• RMweb Premium

If you look at the about section of their eBay profile there is an email address and a phone number to contact them on if you haven't tried that already?

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, bridgiesimon said:

Bumping an old thread I know, but does anyone know what happened to JBs model world?

I have acquired a stack of plastic boxes like the ones they used and logged on to prder foam trays to find no sign of them, his Ebay stock is empty and messages are not answered. Other companies do trays I know but not A4 size.

Best wishes

Simon

He's still around and trading and was at Maidenhead and Astolat shows in January, will be at Kenavon show this coming Saturday.  

• RMweb Premium

You can buy foam online, a pack of razor blades and a decent ruler. Advantages (aside from being tight) are you can arrange to fit your exact stock and being able to remove part of the foam helps get things out without risking snagging. I wrap in tissue now as well to protect paint but this may be overkill?

This was my first attempt for 7mm stock: I bought thicker foam after that.

Reminds me I really must do some more!

20210529_203950.jpg.0a7e59b5879c8dd81cbee8ea95d1189d.jpg.178070713f9b86cd4c30d4860b0c5d02.jpg

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 1