Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Help with finding a motor

The screw that holds the motor together is missing, although that is not sufficient reason for it not working. The gear meshing does not seem optimum either. I'd start by removing the motor and getting that working. Luckily, XT.60s are as indestructible as their bigger brothers the X.04 though parts are not as easy to obtain.

It looks like the kit has been motorised using the Perfecta kit, which was intended for a Romford Terrier. This, though smaller, was still a tight squeeze into the boiler.

The one I built aeons ago was a failure. It ran OK, but could only manage 3 Dublo wagons - about equivalent to10 wagons with pin-point bearings - and ran hot doing so. The remains are in a box somewhere.

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

like Superman, you appear

He's actually Subaruman. You can hear him coming from miles away and arrives with smoking tyres.

• Funny 4

16 hours ago, Thetophatengine said:

Yeah i think I will

4FF94AD6-EA61-47D8-8DB1-F6A349B31BFB.png

This seems very expensive and if I ever obtain one I pop it on eBay for a few £'s

Still either getting yours refurbished or buying a refurbished one from Redgate Models seems a much better option

There are some 5 pole TT armatures around, I bought 5 by mistake and sold one on eBay for what all 5 cost.   Mine are power bogie and need shortening to fit the XT 60.   At a guess the XT 60 advertised has one of these...   you can use 5 pole armatures in either XT60 or power bogie but you can't use a shortened 3 pole power bogie armature in an XT60.

Edited by DCB