The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2023

didcot

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, didcot said:

Stroll having tantrums for being 1.1 seconds behind Alonso and out in Q1.

I used to be a Lance Stroll apologist but it’s like he doesn’t care or he has severe issues hindering his performance (his dad finally putting his foot down?)

He needs to go.

Edited by OnTheBranchline
  • Agree 4

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2023/geri-halliwell-horner-cbeebies-bedtime-story-reader

That will be the fairy tale of gallant Sir Lewis and his trusty stead who set out to win the Golden Cup. But dastardly Max and his Red Bull kept knocking him off said stead. Just when victory was assured for Sir Lewis a lowly competitor caused an accident that set in motion a series of events. Dastardly Max's Fairy God Father, Jester Michael of the FIA, waved his magic wand and ignoring all the rules gave the Golden Cup to Max and his Red Bull.

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, didcot said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2023/geri-halliwell-horner-cbeebies-bedtime-story-reader

That will be the fairy tale of gallant Sir Lewis and his trusty stead who set out to win the Golden Cup. But dastardly Max and his Red Bull kept knocking him off said stead. Just when victory was assured for Sir Lewis a lowly competitor caused an accident that set in motion a series of events. Dastardly Max's Fairy God Father, Jester Michael of the FIA, waved his magic wand and ignoring all the rules gave the Golden Cup to Max and his Red Bull.

And the jester savagely said "Toto, it's called a motor race. We went car racing" 🤣

Edited by OnTheBranchline
  • Funny 2

15 minutes ago, OnTheBranchline said:

And the jester savagely said "Toto, it's called a motor race. We went car racing" 🤣

Aunt Dorothy tried clicking her heels and chanted "There's no race to go" and so it came to pass!

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

That’s nothing new, Hamilton sewed up multiple championships with several races to go. It’s not like the championship battle has been the most interesting thing this year. Max hardly even gets shown on TV as he disappears off into the distance!

the sprint race was quite ‘lively’, hoping that translates to action in the race. The amount of sand off line and lots of gravel traps appears to make for some rather brave overtakes!

• Like 5

I still don't like sprint races. The multiple safety cars were all that livened it up. Without them the soft runners would have overtaken the mediums in the first couple of laps then swapped back as the softs wore out. The safety cars just slowed the process down which made it 'exciting' towards the end but all the overtakes were of sitting ducks coupled to a too powerful DRS zone as mentioned on commentary.

All the sprint race did was push more teams towards the cost cap with crash damage, forcing a number of teams to work into the night to repair them for todays race. Sargeant's crew must have everything crossed that he gets the boot before next season.

Well done to Oscar and McLaren.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Gareth Collier said:

Well done to Oscar and McLaren.

McLaren are this year's star act. After a slow start they are putting Merc and Ferrari to the sword. We might have thought Aston were going to do that, but they went the wrong way somewhere and are now battling Alpine, not the big three. Max has been in his own race all season, but the squabbling behind him has been fun - and I only watch the BBC website as races progress! 

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

17 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

McLaren are this year's star act. After a slow start they are putting Merc and Ferrari to the sword. We might have thought Aston were going to do that, but they went the wrong way somewhere and are now battling Alpine, not the big three. Max has been in his own race all season, but the squabbling behind him has been fun - and I only watch the BBC website as races progress! 

same here BBC but listen on puter radio 5 live .

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

My lad has been with a Porsche team at Brands Hatch all weekend. The car he has been with all weekend came second only to have a penalty. He was gutted, but they have just reinstated second place for them. So it's not just F1 it happens in.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, didcot said:

My lad has been with a Porsche team at Brands Hatch all weekend. The car he has been with all weekend came second only to have a penalty. He was gutted, but they have just reinstated second place for them. So it's not just F1 it happens in.

But F1 is all about money and style. Paying enough people to make instant-but-supportable decisions would seem easy enough. It's as if the stewarding, like the virtually-free marshalling, is still stuck in the same place as your son's team at Brands. 

F1 fans, teams and indeed sponsors all deserve better. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, didcot said:

My lot are at Brands for the F4 .My son in law runs the Carlin  F4 team so its all down to the wire .........nail biting but will my little Granddaughters lucky  Mclaren teddy bear  sort it out .....

Edited by friscopete
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, didcot said:

Well that will spice it up hopefully, but the whole grid will be pitting within a few laps of each other.

Maybe another NEW permanent rule to liven up the end of the season.  😃

• Funny 4