Hornby 2023 - Bluetooth decoders and control system

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Edge said:

A while back there was a link on this thread to a timetable of expected release dates for sound files, but the only link I can find seems to be broken. Does anyone have any info about when a W1 file might be about?

https://d63oxfkn1m8sf.cloudfront.net/4116/8448/6096/Available_Profiles_for_HM_DCC_25-4-2023.pdf

Here you go. W1 is for Q1 2024. 

1 hour ago, Johan DC said:

Problem with this link is that it has a specific date included so it will probably cease working.p and is already out of date.

try the following on the Hornby.com site click on Shop and the HM7000. Then click on the Brochures and Guides icon.

this takes you to a page with all the manuals, guides, profiles list, compatibility and trouble shooting.

The profile schedule is the first entry of the profile list section. There are gaps in the profile list which seem to be reserved for future profiles included some not yet announced.

• Informative/Useful 1

I've now fitted out two locos with the new decoders, one 8 pin in a class 56 and a 21 pin in a class 73. Both working straight away and with no problems downloading the necessary sound and function files. The one problem I do have is that the lights on the class 73 are working backwards. So I've amended CV29 and added the value of 1 to it, using both the app and my DCC system, but it's made no difference to the loco. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but it's certainly not working. Anyone had the same problem at all? 

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, WIMorrison said:

Not sure that you can put a 21pin in the work way round though :(

IIRC you can plug it in upside down. e.g. with the PCB uppermost.

The missing pin is often catered for by there not being a hole in the PCB.

Upside down it has no effect.

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tony Walker said:

I've now fitted out two locos with the new decoders, one 8 pin in a class 56 and a 21 pin in a class 73. Both working straight away and with no problems downloading the necessary sound and function files. The one problem I do have is that the lights on the class 73 are working backwards. So I've amended CV29 and added the value of 1 to it, using both the app and my DCC system, but it's made no difference to the loco. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but it's certainly not working. Anyone had the same problem at all? 

Hi Tony,

If it is a first batch Dapol Class 73, they had an issue that on DCC the lights were wired the wrong way around.

Simon

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tony Walker said:

The first batch of 73s were wired wrongly i bilieve. 

On mine ( from 2nd or 3rd batch ) F21 - F24 controls the lights so can put on whatever i want. F0 dosent do anything

• Thanks 1

I think you've missed the point here guys. Yes I know the lights are wired wrong. Using the previous decoder I added one (1) to the value in CV29 and it changed the direction of the loco to match the incorrectly wired lights. So no problem. I've added one (1) to the value of CV29 on this new 21 pin decoder but it hasn't changed the direction of the loco, it still goes the same way as before. So adding one to CV29 hasn't made any difference and I don't know why.

1 hour ago, Tony Walker said:

So adding one to CV29 hasn't made any difference and I don't know why.

You cannot just 'add one' to the value in CV29 to reverse the direction of a loco. You must read the value of CV29 and if it is EVEN you can add one, if the value in CV29 is ODD then you must subtract one from the existing value.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Tony Walker said:

So adding one to CV29 hasn't made any difference and I don't know why.

Use a CV29 calculator and get it right instead of faffing about.

• Agree 2

Sorry lads but I've been using DCC now for 20 years and know how CV29 works. All the instructions under the sun doesn't alter the fact that by either adding one or taking one away from the recorded value of CV29 doesn't alter the direction of travel of the loco, as it should. I've even tried changing it using DCC programming and that doesn't work either. Yet if I pop in another decoder make and change CV29 so the direction of travel changes then it works. So, it looks like the option of changing the direction of travel with these new Bluetooth decoders doesn't work! Yet if you read the notes under the CV editor it does say "adding 1 to the value will change the direction of travel" or words to that effect.

• RMweb Premium
On 12/07/2023 at 09:13, SteveM666 said:

None of them really fit at the moment and I’ve not heard the real thing (in case you didn’t know, one is preserved at Embsay) so I decided to stick one of the diesels in it and turn the volume down. I believe the original had an internal combustion engine driving a generator for electric power to the wheels.

On 12/07/2023 at 09:18, Johan DC said:

I use the Class 73 sound on my railcar, also not too loud. It's diesel, not petrol, but hey, Rule #1!

I'll try to use the HM7000 speaker tonight, instead of the build in.

Do I have to physically disconnect the later when I do this?

The preserved NER railcar has a new, 21st century engine/generator. So even a recording of it wouldn’t be accurate for a 1910s railcar. 

• Informative/Useful 2

Found my spare powerbank yesterday afternoon whilst looking for my Costco card, and decided to fit it to my recently chipped 34050 Royal Observer Corps. Refreshed the CV's and there wasn't any notification about static charging of the PB... Is this still being rolled out, or is it just a "we recognise that one's fitted" sort of thing? 

Nathan... 

34 minutes ago, D3489gibson said:

Found my spare powerbank yesterday afternoon whilst looking for my Costco card, and decided to fit it to my recently chipped 34050 Royal Observer Corps. Refreshed the CV's and there wasn't any notification about static charging of the PB... Is this still being rolled out, or is it just a "we recognise that one's fitted" sort of thing? 

Nathan... 

The static charging is sound profile dependant and being rolled out ongoing.  So far the Tornado and A4 00 profiles have it. Others will come along soon. It is being discussed as to how best to flag up if a profile is thus capable and the status list on the website may be the most convenient way for now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RAF96 said:

The static charging is sound profile dependant and being rolled out ongoing.  So far the Tornado and A4 00 profiles have it. Others will come along soon. It is being discussed as to how best to flag up if a profile is thus capable and the status list on the website may be the most convenient way for now.

Much obliged!! So as it is, it'll charge as per normal in motion until otherwise stated, cheers!!

Nathan... 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 23/07/2023 at 22:02, nightstar.train said:

The preserved NER railcar has a new, 21st century engine/generator. So even a recording of it wouldn’t be accurate for a 1910s railcar. 

And it's diesel.

• Informative/Useful 1

17 hours ago, RedgateModels said:

How to make an HM7000 equipped Deltic Prototype sound right - Accurascale em1 in series with the supplied sugar cube. Volume cranked up to 100 😁

17EEBF71-9F72-4941-8689-71F01EBED0D2.jpeg.f21a474379c1a26a7874cffc057eeb25.jpeg

That's going to sound amazing! Please share a video!!!

Nathan..

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, D3489gibson said:

That's going to sound amazing! Please share a video!!!

Nathan..

I'll have a go, I'll have to get the DCC controller out and switch the decoder to DCC as my phone can't control the loco and film at the same time LOL

• Funny 1