Hornby 2023 - Wagon range

AY Mod

On 31/01/2023 at 08:52, MarkSG said:

And that's their thing. It's like collecting stamps, or coins, or Panini stickers, or Pokemon. The whole point is to get them all.

Now there one for Hornby the Panini sticker collection, you favourite models in sticker form and collectors album. I can just see it now on the rmweb us moaning and complaining about the models they pick for the collection and there being nothing in the sticker range for me😅

• Funny 5

On 04/02/2023 at 20:52, shunny said:

Now there one for Hornby the Panini sticker collection, you favourite models in sticker form and collectors album. I can just see it now on the rmweb us moaning and complaining about the models they pick for the collection and there being nothing in the sticker range for me😅

Hornby have tried that sort of thing in the past - I remember there was a Thomas the Tank Engine series when Royal Mail did some commemorative stamps that came with an engine and their respective stamp.

On 04/02/2023 at 20:52, shunny said:

You have to buy the stickers from Tier 1 retailers as Tier 2 only get one sticker each. 🙄

• Funny 6

• AY Mod unpinned this topic
  • 5 months later...
On 10/01/2023 at 17:59, jonhall said:

The fertiliser wagon isn't even Y25's, its the same bogie that Lima used when first released 30-odd years ago, that someone told me was from a 1930's Italian coach.

Jon

Just had an email from Hatton's about the Hornby Procor bogie palvan, which I happen to like as a wagon. Looks like Hornby have done a good job on the livery, too, but the 3/4 view from Hattons really shows up the absolute worst issue with the model, and it's related to those old continental bogies by Lima that are still underneath...

It's the VOLVO-bumper-sized tension lock couplings!

Ye Gods, we may complain about 'drooping' NEM slimline couplings and issues of compatibility between what should be identical couplings between manufacturers but when you look at the absolute horrors we got from Lima back in the day, we should all be paraphrasing the old "never had it so good" speech.

I bet its the same bl@@dy awful plastic that Lima used, too, that doesn't accept glue (well, not one I've found yet), a bit like the plastic used for school glockenspiel beaters (which is similarly flexible but when broken cannot be glued back together - not very environmentally friendly that, is it?!)

Okay, stepping down off my soapbox... hopefully @jonhall has some of his solebar etches available to upgrade the drawerful of cheap eBay-sourced palvans I have stashed away ready to be improved at a future date*

Steve S

* Need to revisit the thread about improving these wagons again, to remind myself of where to get suitable bogies from!

8 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Just had an email from Hatton's about the Hornby Procor bogie palvan, which I happen to like as a wagon. Looks like Hornby have done a good job on the livery, too, but the 3/4 view from Hattons really shows up the absolute worst issue with the model, and it's related to those old continental bogies by Lima that are still underneath...

Okay, stepping down off my soapbox... hopefully @jonhall has some of his solebar etches available to upgrade the drawerful of cheap eBay-sourced palvans I have stashed away ready to be improved at a future date*

As it happens I bought two palvans cheap on Saturday, and they have already reached this point!

I still have both etches for the trusses (£2.50) and Lee' Davis' bogie inners for £3.50 - PM for details.

Jon

image.png.960c3e650ef01ffdc2f07c073c2d8ce1.png

image.png

• Like 1