PSA: 15% off Rails Of Sheffield (eBay)

SBB1

As the title suggests, Rails Of Sheffield are participating in eBay's New Year 15% discount offer. I believe it covers all purchases above £15, with a discount of up to £60. I managed to pick up a loco they had advertised at £149 for £115 by having an offer accepted and applying the discount code at checkout, so some deals to be had!

Offer ends on Monday, more details here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/railsofsheffield

• RMweb Gold

The offer may end on Monday but like the DFS sale it will probably be back on by Friday! 

they didn’t used to accept offers while an eBay offer is on, I tried it a couple of times and got a message back telling me to use the discount code rather than try an offer, I of course was looking for an offer to be accepted and discount on top too 

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, big jim said:

The offer may end on Monday but like the DFS sale it will probably be back on by Friday! 

they didn’t used to accept offers while an eBay offer is on, I tried it a couple of times and got a message back telling me to use the discount code rather than try an offer, I of course was looking for an offer to be accepted and discount on top too 

Be persistent - it usually works in the end.

1 hour ago, big jim said:

They sent this message in reply to my offer... but it was below a counter-offer of theirs. My next offer was accepted quite swiftly. This may not work with every item I suppose? Worth being persistent like @Bucoops says!

112977313_Screenshot_20230107_214003_SamsungInternet.jpg.9792dc947fa260e6e1c80aa9a02b2c15.jpg

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Having spoke to another non railway related retailer about eBay discounts I think the 15% discount is eBay funded as it were, the seller still gets the full amount of the original sale price (less fees etc)

• RMweb Premium

Looks like it is eBay funded.   I bought an item of rolling stock this morning.  Just checked my Purchase History and Nectar points record on eBay.  Both showing full price before discount, and basic Nectar points awarded on basis of full price.    A separate purchase from another seller, which was not discounted, gained 10x Nectar points as an eligible transaction under the current Nectar offer.  

• RMweb Premium
On 08/01/2023 at 13:27, big jim said:

Having spoke to another non railway related retailer about eBay discounts I think the 15% discount is eBay funded as it were, the seller still gets the full amount of the original sale price (less fees etc)

On 08/01/2023 at 15:07, cessna152towser said:

Looks like it is eBay funded.   I bought an item of rolling stock this morning.  Just checked my Purchase History and Nectar points record on eBay.  Both showing full price before discount, and basic Nectar points awarded on basis of full price.    A separate purchase from another seller, which was not discounted, gained 10x Nectar points as an eligible transaction under the current Nectar offer.  

This has been discussed loads of times in the eBay section and the general consensus there is that the larger business retailers do lose out from these offers.