Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

New Announcement - Accurascale Deltics Are Back And Suitably Enhanced

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Meerkat said:

Hi McC  

so just to confirm run 2 is q2 2024 not q1 as website says ??

On paper they arrive in March but we may see a few weeks slippage around chinese new year. 

Can we assume that the latest version of the ESU firmware will be included on the decoders fitted to this new run of Deltics? This will give us the facilities to use the new bass and tremble controls that are included in the new firmware. I've just upgraded my two Deltics to use this update and what a difference it makes to the sound of the Deltic sound decoder.

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, Tony Walker said:

Can we assume that the latest version of the ESU firmware will be included on the decoders fitted to this new run of Deltics? This will give us the facilities to use the new bass and tremble controls that are included in the new firmware. I've just upgraded my two Deltics to use this update and what a difference it makes to the sound of the Deltic sound decoder.

Every undelivered oem fitted loco and all new range chips will be absolutely running the latest firmware. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 10/12/2023 at 16:45, Tony Walker said:

Can you tell us more about the firmware update? 

Do you just put it on the lokprogramer ?

And what does the update give you on the Deltic? Is there updated information on the functions ?

16 hours ago, Monkey28 said:

Can you tell us more about the firmware update? 

Do you just put it on the lokprogrammer ?

And what does the update give you on the Deltic? Is there updated information on the functions ?

If you have a Lokprogrammer then it's an easy update. Under Tools there's an option to Update Firmware. Choose this option and the firmware on the decoder will be updated. This will then give you access to the sound controller sliders when you choose the Driver's Cab option. You can adjust the volume, treble and bass to your liking. Think this is only available on the latest software, so best update your program software first, then the decoder. Give it a go, it makes a big difference to the sound you get. I'm in the process of upgrading all by V5 decoders.

If you want to adjust the sound while running your loco, you can then adjust CV 196 for the bass and CV 197 for the treble using POM.