New Announcement - Accurascale Deltics Are Back And Suitably Enhanced

• RMweb Gold

I have 2 of the first batch and really don’t need any more as I will be availing mesen of many of the other forthcoming Accurascale releases instead. Nevertheless I’m delighted that more folks will get another bite of the cherry, so to speak.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, McC said:

Heh, the options are in the cart, before checkout (and we don't store credit cards in our main store at all) Hope that helps!

spacer.png

if we use paypal and pay in 3, when do the payments get taken? i've ordered two and suspect 2X3 payments will made over the next 3 months, or are the billed when in stock and then the 2x3 payments start? sorry for what might seen a daft question

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, jonnyuk said:

if we use paypal and pay in 3, when do the payments get taken? i've ordered two and suspect 2X3 payments will made over the next 3 months, or are the billed when in stock and then the 2x3 payments start? sorry for what might seen a daft question

To defer payment, use the reservation fee / instalment options in the cart. Really PayPal credit and clearpay are for in stock items, as both will take your money right away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, McC said:

To defer payment, use the reservation fee / instalment options in the cart. Really PayPal credit and clearpay are for in stock items, as both will take your money right away.

thank you, i will cancel these orders then and re-order. I did use some £10 off codes for these purchases, i assume i can't re-use then now?

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, virginhst539 said:

At a glance the only thing i can see is the 64A shed plate is no longer fitted.... now need to ask myself how many RSGs are too many. Currently at three!

Looks like 55022 now carries a NRN "blob" on the roof centreline - painted grey ;)

Also it now has 4 works plates - under all cab side windows, whereas the colour chart shows a large silver plate under the driver's cab side window.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

35 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Looks like 55022 now carries a NRN "blob" on the roof centreline - painted grey ;)

Also it now has 4 works plates - under all cab side windows, whereas the colour chart shows a large silver plate under the driver's cab side window.

more likely to be a GPS or ETRMS transmitter (as per D9009, but potentially in a slightly different location). NRN was decommissioned a few years back.

Obviously a chance that further livery embelishments (like shedplates) might be added once she is fully up and running (currently one test run and one railtour).

Also worth noting I think that the size of the yellow panel in the 1990s vs today may be slightly different. - 1990s pictures showed quite a 'thick' dark green line between the yellow and the light green. In the recent iteration it is much thinner.

3 hours ago, scumcat said:

Strangely I don’t even like the Deltic’s, I had no interests in them but I just found myself pre ordering the purple one with sound because my wife said it was a pretty engine and that’s all the excuse I needed.

I think I've fallen into that trap too.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, virginhst539 said:

Daft question but is the VXC 55022/D9000 the same as its current condition with LSL?

D9016 in purple is very very tempting as well!

Hi @virginhst539,

Gareth has done some checking and concludes the following!

Regarding VXC era D9000 vs LSL era D9000, there are loads of differences between the two, including but not limited to:

Yellow warning panels are quite different

Position of crest above the nameplate is different

VXC era D9000 has rededication plate above the number on driver's cabsides instead of worksplates (and they are green on LSL)

VXC era D9000 has Haymarket shedplates - there are none in LSL era

Kickplates are different between eras

Some minor other lettering and orange cantrail stripe differences

As has been pointed out, LSL era has the GPS antenna on the roof

HTH

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, G-BOAF said:

more likely to be a GPS or ETRMS transmitter (as per D9009, but potentially in a slightly different location). NRN was decommissioned a few years back.

Obviously a chance that further livery embelishments (like shedplates) might be added once she is fully up and running (currently one test run and one railtour).

Also worth noting I think that the size of the yellow panel in the 1990s vs today may be slightly different. - 1990s pictures showed quite a 'thick' dark green line between the yellow and the light green. In the recent iteration it is much thinner.

I’ve searched up on Flickr D9000/9002/9009 and all 3 of the “preservation era” mainline green deltics all had slightly different yellow panels regarding the green at the bottom of the panel.

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Legend said:

Yes I think , once again, you have to be congratulated here . I can't remember when you first announced the last Deltic , but its a good few years ago , and in that time the price has risen £9 (for DC).  Quite an achievement .  I know you may have recovered your tooling costs in the first run , but that wouldn't have stopped the big boys  from slapping on double digit % increases !

I'll second that - I pondered hitting the "Buy" button for far too long when the first batch was launched and ended up missing out, but now I'm glad I did because I've just ordered 9018 (it had to be a Green Livery with yellow panels for me) which has the upgrades/improvements over the first batch.

A Happy Bear.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Slightly OT question but with D9000, how did VTXC crew this loco ?

i assume it wasnt just “another” loco on the roster assigned to any crew member.

This months Traction mag has part 1 of an article answering this very question!

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We’ve been testing our pre-production tweaked Deltic at a top secret Dublin location tonight but thought we’d treat you to a sneak peek. As you can see, we’ve gone to town. 

FE75B2D9-97D5-4A90-B0ED-1FBDE6AFDE4B.jpeg.e1c24aa154347bcd195c49863e664a52.jpeg

Excitied? We are! 

Cheers!

Fran 

Fran,

I'm sorry but, you simply don't fool Me, I've got you sussed, friend! 😁

Your post is clearly not about the Deltic, but the teaser that's right there in the background, that being the super sizzling high spec Pullman car that you have cleverly sneaked into the shot?

I wonder what your tag line might be for these? 

"Accurascale Quality is remembered, Long after other, inferior brands are forgotten"

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

Edited by Shedmaster
sloppy typing errors

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Willoughby Glen said:

Can I please check for 55020 1976 condition is basically the same as when withdrawn?

I would say yes.

Incidentally, and this is one for @Accurascale Fran, 20 never lost it's water filler. Sandboxes were plated over during it's last Intermediate Repair at the start of 1976 but not the water filler. A study of pictures on Chronicles of Napier shows the water filler. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1