O gauge turntable suppliers

Hello everyone

Does anyone know where I can purchase an O gauge model of a 55ft or 50ft turntable.

A company called Greenwood model railway products made one in the past, but they are not listed on their website anymore.

There is a company called Kitwood Hills models that sell turntables that are 48ft, but I do not know anything about the company.

The largest engine would be a Lionheart small prairie engine and maybe the Dapol 3MT 2-6-2. 

The turntable would be for a model of the engine shed at Fairford.

The turntable may have been a Ransomes and Rapier model.

Thank you for your help.

• RMweb Gold

I am very pleased with my Kitwood Hills 65' version:

DSC04292.JPG.265a7d79158a79b219a35f60bbc12184.JPG

It's very nicely designed and builds up very well with a bit of care.

They do several different sizes.

I had a few questions when I put mine together and Simon Cox was very helpful.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Thank you very much everyone.

Now I know I can get one I will work on my plan for Fairford engine shed.

Metal smith or Kitwood Hill. There is a price and size difference.

I will measure the space I have and the size of the engines to confirm which turntable would be best.

Ken

• RMweb Premium
On 04/02/2023 at 17:33, F-UnitMad said:

Sadly Metalsmith (Kettering) no longer produce Turntable kits - the last I heard the proprieter was looking for a new owner for the kits; I've just emailed him to see if there is any news, but I'm not hopeful.

Kind Regards,

Brian

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I've just had a reply from Dave Smith (Metalsmith Kettering) regarding the Turntables (both 4 & 7mm) - the deal with the intended new owner/supplier of the kits fell through, so at the moment the kits remain unavailable for the foreseeable, until a new owner can be found.  Dave has said an announcement will then appear in the model railway press.

If you are already a member of the Guild you will be aware of their trade show/ exhibitions that are held up and down the country. If not, a quick Google search will provide a full list of dates and venues.

If a turntable is in current production it is most likely that the manufacturer will be present. The pre loved stand may well have an example recovered from a now dismantled layout or perhaps a never started kit from a deceased estate.

Another vote for Kitwood Hills. I've built two, both HOn3. They go together very well. Mine are powered by 6v powerpacks, via a variable resistor and DPDT switch.

• RMweb Premium
On 09/02/2023 at 13:40, JZ said:

Another vote for Kitwood Hills. I've built two, both HOn3. They go together very well. Mine are powered by 6v powerpacks, via a variable resistor and DPDT switch.

Can you post any pictures please?