Another for the Gresley cognoscenti

doilum

Not drawings and preserved stock, but there are some good overhead shots in this post by Mike Trice on the LNER Encyclopedia forum: Gresley 100 Gala - The LNER Encyclopedia

Mike does have a large collection of photographs showing details of LNER coaching stock and also produce 3D printed components such as these on Shapeways:

LNER Restaurant Ventilators * 18 (KYXFLPQC4) by MikeTrice

1 hour ago, doilum said:

Thanks. Lots of photos from the BR era. I . particularly trying to nail down the large kitchen roof vents as built.

If you scroll down this page:

https://www.steve-banks.org/prototype-and-traffic/266-lner-restaurant-cars

... towards the end there's a series of 1930s pictures taken from an elevated viewpoint (the castle keep) departing Newcastle. The large 'butterfly' vents show up well, if that's what you're after. Yes, I know it's a restaurant car not a buffet car but no reason to suppose it wouldn't be a standard fitting.

I think if you search around on the web for one of the preserved examples you might also find some roof pictures there.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pint of Adnams said:

Not drawings and preserved stock, but there are some good overhead shots in this post by Mike Trice on the LNER Encyclopedia forum: Gresley 100 Gala - The LNER Encyclopedia

Mike does have a large collection of photographs showing details of LNER coaching stock and also produce 3D printed components such as these on Shapeways:

LNER Restaurant Ventilators * 18 (KYXFLPQC4) by MikeTrice

Nick camplings book has a drawing, it matches the Mike Trice last photo on the gala link.

50 minutes ago, micklner said:

Nick camplings book has a drawing, it matches the Mike Trice last photo on the gala link.

I have the book. I was being cautious of assuming that the restaurant kitchen and buffet had the same roof vents.

I built the restaurant car in BR condition some years ago. The buffet is the final vehicle for a pre war train to run on a friend's Selby project. The Campling book was a brand new birthday present from younger daughter some years ago followed shortly after by a copy of its earlier edition which contained  coaches from the LMS . David Jenkinson co authored. This copy had been condemned by the library die to the failure of the spiral binding. Placing the loose leaves in a plastic wallet makes them perfect for use on the bench .

Edited by doilum
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...