What O gauge do you want to see from Accurascale?

9 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Excellent to see that there is interest in us doing more O gauge. So much so, we want to let you into a little secret...

We can confirm that we have designed our first O gauge locomotive and it is going to tooling in the coming weeks. It is not a locomotive currently in our OO range, so it is O gauge from the ground up. Feel free to wildy speculate on what it might be!

We will reveal it when tooling is complete and a pre-production sample is in hand later this year.

Cheers!

Fran 

has anyone got close to this o gauge locomotive

On 26/02/2023 at 21:35, Islesy said:

Am I allowed to mention the Chaldrons?

(dons coat and exits the nearest door)

That’s a very good suggestion. Particularly if they were accompanied by a suitable industrial to go with them. 

Some interesting suggestions on this thread. Though some, such as J72, class 25 and class 04 are all models that have been available rtr in O gauge and might not have such commercial appeal. 

22 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Excellent to see that there is interest in us doing more O gauge. So much so, we want to let you into a little secret...

We can confirm that we have designed our first O gauge locomotive and it is going to tooling in the coming weeks. It is not a locomotive currently in our OO range, so it is O gauge from the ground up. Feel free to wildy speculate on what it might be!

We will reveal it when tooling is complete and a pre-production sample is in hand later this year.

Cheers!

Fran 

Well, a gap has opened up for a J70….?!!

is it standard gauge, or can us 7mm narrow gauge modellers dare to dream?

On 28/02/2023 at 13:10, RedgateModels said:

BR Standards 80XXX, 84XXX (preferably the new build/conversion one)

Do you mean this one?

F79E522D-AF1D-4144-8290-801BBB5D0DF3.jpeg.7dd3e5eff2dc7fea2618d645391fde65.jpeg

Not long to wait for one now. And the 80000 tanks have been available from Finescale Brass which would effect their commercial viability. 

• RMweb Premium

The fact the 'O' gauge market is many, many times smaller than 4mm means the chances of Accurascale covering something already produced by someone else have to be very small.  The only diesel with widespread appeal that comes to mind and is an obvious 'gap' would be a Class 24, which would be lovely, or perhaps a DMU?  I'm thinking that steam modellers are less well catered for in 7mm RTR, so perhaps it will be one of those..... 

An 07 would surely do well given the precedent of Dapol's 08 and Heljan's 02 / 03 (plus it has far better cuteness factor).

If steam, it's a bit harder to guess. Obvious small GWR prototypes have been taken. Perhaps an SR G6 or P would make sense. Otherwise an NE J69 or similar, maybe.

Iam guessing either a BR Bo-Bo diesel to cover sales for both steam and BR blue eras or a class 67 which have half a dozen liveries to maximise sales.

Paul

• Agree 1

On 03/03/2023 at 09:36, Accurascale Fran said:

So given you've had to do the research and CAD etc, are you going to shrink it down to 4mm?

Just so long as you've picked Thomas.

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Andrew Young said:

Do you mean this one?

F79E522D-AF1D-4144-8290-801BBB5D0DF3.jpeg.7dd3e5eff2dc7fea2618d645391fde65.jpeg

Not long to wait for one now. And the 80000 tanks have been available from Finescale Brass which would effect their commercial viability. 

No, that's the 82XXX, The Lionheart version is why I didn't suggest it😉

• Thanks 1

There were several classes which were delivered to more than one region. At the moment all we get from Heljan and Dapol is an endless succession of DMUs which only ran on the WR!

• RMweb Premium

I’d have thought commercially it would need to be a diesel that nobody has done. The 24 and 22/21/29 or an HST power car are probably the most obvious here. Or in steam terms, the standard 4 tank or a standard 4/5 tender engine. Of those the 29 would be my hope.

What ever it is I’m glad to see them expanding in to 7mm more, The HUO hopper is superb and I can only hope the MDV and coil wagon get a dose of miracle grow as well and if we are allowed to indulge the new class 37. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

22 hours ago, steve fay said:

I can only hope the MDV and coil wagon get a dose of miracle grow as well and if we are allowed to indulge the new class 37. 

Good point. What's really needed now in O isn't so much a new loco (Class 22 excepted) but more air-braked rolling stock for all those diesels to pull.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

Good point. What's really needed now in O isn't so much a new loco (Class 22 excepted) but more air-braked rolling stock for all those diesels to pull.

The MDV and Coil A are not exactly from the AB era. Yes a few made it to have through pipe (MDW, SFW) but they died by and large more than 30 years ago. Agreed the series of wagons that can develop from an AB Iron ore tippler to various coils would be useful for a long period of the more recent past upto the present. 

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/03/2023 at 15:44, Pmorgancym said:

153, with full lighting, sound and opening doors

Heljan have the cabs of a class 153 on display on the stand at MIOG show today. When I asked about it Ben said they are looking to do one but haven't announced it yet.

21 minutes ago, petemster said:

If it's going to be a locomotive, rather than a DMU, then I hope

it will have NEM pockets to take couplers that will allow for

remote coupling/uncoupling.

In O Gauge?? O Gauge doesn't use NEM pockets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F-UnitMad said:

In O Gauge?? O Gauge doesn't use NEM pockets.

Microsoft Word - nem365_d.doc (morop.org) is about as close is it gets, and I can't think of anything UK outline that has these or the capability.

[EDIT]

Tell a lie, in theory the 362 pocket is used (same as 00/H0).  Not really that good for 0 by the looks of it :( Though putting a detachable NEM 362 (so you can remove the ugly...) on their stuff might be a possible selling point for AS in 0.

Norm Europäischer Modellbahnen (morop.org)

Edited by frobisher
Ah ha!