Dapol Autocoach

sjrixon

• RMweb Gold

It does seem to have slipped back a bit, doesn't it.  CNY is well over and any delays caused by Houthis in the Red Sea and disturbance to the container supply because of the extra 5 days passage round the Cape should be factored out fairly soon.  Predicting the arrival of the N is a bit of a lottery, though, as we do not know what stage of production they have reached; assembly and packing would suggest sooner rather than later, but the sea voyage is 6 weeks via the Cape, the ship may call at other ports before it comes to it's UK berth, which could be another week or so, and they then have to be sorted and distributed in the UK.  And we don't even know if the project has reached the assembly plant in China yet!

I'm keen to see this coach in my sweaty little paws, but as the 94xx saga taught me, there is little point in worrying about it.  It'll get here when it gets here, and when it gets here it'll be here, the philosophical approach, interspersed by occasional howling at the moon in blind rage and scream therapy, seems to work for me... 

The delay has at least allowed me to defer my 'work up a Keyser A31 to represent an approximate A10 to run with the N as happened at Tondu 1953-7' project and concentrate on cut'n'shutting a couple of old Triang clerestories to make a Glyncorrwg miners' coach, a project well in hand that will probably be complete by the time we have news of the N and I will need to start on the A31/A10 conversion.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Yes. I’ve just reread Couerdelyon’s last comment and they were only expecting samples at end of Jan/Feb. Hopefully production is now under way but I would imagine it is unlikely to be delivered before Q4. Oh well gives my credit card a break after the Mainline coaches and Rapido wagons 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i have  question on the electronics of this coach.

IF I buy the DC one, can I run it on DCC ?

I ask because the Caroline coach by Revolution is designed whereby with the DC blanking plate, it is DC only and never DCC. Then when fitted with a chip, it is DCC only and never DC. And I wondering if the same constraint exists here.

My needs are for it to sometimes run with the steam railcar (DCC fitted) and sometimes with a steam loco (plain DC).