Hornby Collectors Club virtual members day - 25 March

Paul.Uni

On 27/03/2023 at 19:52, Hilux5972 said:

Apart from the single chimney, is this P2 any different from Lord President? Perhaps I’m just being ignorant but I’m failing to see why everyone is going apocalyptic over it. 

Nothing of substance (although we haven’t seen either model yet). I love the P2s and I can see people wanting to collect all six and then the first two after their initial modification to A4-style front ends. I’m not so devoted that I would want to do that but each to his* own.

*Being old-fashioned, I rather like the grammatical principle “The male embraces the female.”

• RMweb Gold

I have just now noticed this thread. Yes,I too am in the “Collectors Club”,yet this is the first I’ve heard of this “event “. It appears it’s exclusive only to social media followers and of course I do not sign to any. Yet H are prepared to accept my subscription. No mail/email forthcoming from them about it.Late April Fool “exclusively” for me perhaps ?  Why do Hornby continue to drop clangers like this and wittingly or unwittingly seek to alienate their client group . I have to conclude that in the words famously uttered by Clarke Gable in Gone With The Wind  “Frankly my dear,I don’t give a damn “ seems to be the attitude.Not clever.

You should have got an email. I did and I don't do any social media related to model railways.

Make sure you have the box ticked on your account to receive emails if you aren't getting them.

You didn't miss much to be honest. Just people talking and a few videos. I gave up and went to the pub instead.

A lot of it was taken up showing this but starting from the Liverpool end.

Jason