USB powerd Airbrush .

This has been discussed before, the quality and performance varies enormously, some people have had good results, the one I ordered from Amazon, not the cheapest, claimed high pressure, was totally useless, got full refund, at least the refund system worked really well, I am quite experienced at using an airbrush, so I do not think I was doing anything wrong. The concept is very appealing, if one comes highly recommended I may have another go.  The same models seem to be sold under various brands.

• Informative/Useful 1

I think that whilst the concept is interesting, and one can see the attraction, the problem with small devices is whether or not the air pressure at delivery is steady. If it's not, then obtaining good, even coverage can be problematic.

• Informative/Useful 2

27 minutes ago, fulton said:

This has been discussed before, the quality and performance varies enormously, some people have had good results, the one I ordered from Amazon, not the cheapest, claimed high pressure, was totally useless, got full refund, at least the refund system worked really well, I am quite experienced at using an airbrush, so I do not think I was doing anything wrong. The concept is very appealing, if one comes highly recommended I may have another go.  The same models seem to be sold under various brands.

Cheer's fulton.

13 minutes ago, MarkC said:

I think that whilst the concept is interesting, and one can see the attraction, the problem with small devices is whether or not the air pressure at delivery is steady. If it's not, then obtaining good, even coverage can be problematic.

Cheer's Mark C .

• RMweb Gold

Mine works fine for the tasks I use it for.

But you need to be proficient in airbrushing particularly on the cleanliness side of things.

Works best with enamels in my opinion

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ROSSPOP said:

Mine works fine for the tasks I use it for.

But you need to be proficient in airbrushing particularly on the cleanliness side of things.

Works best with enamels in my opinion

Chèer's Rosspop

Its an interesting concept, but the main uses, especially "for Makeup,Tattoos,Cake,Mode Making and DIY(Black)" tend to indicate a less precise usage pattern. I also can't see what the difference between the black and white versions at identical prices is, though the white one specifies use for "for Nail Design, Makeup, Tattoos, Cakes, and Face Painting (White)", excluding model making and DIY....

14 hours ago, DonnyRailMan said:

Been reading up on various usb airbrushes 

might bite the bullet and get one .

Screenshot_20230328-113955_Amazon Shopping.jpg

That's the one I have. I bought it mainly for weathering track and other parts of layout where having the air supply tube would be a hinderance. Works fairly well and for a bonus, my Iwata will fit it for finer work. As has been mentioned, cleanliness is paramount. For cleaning I use this. Available from most good model shops. Also excellent for keeping brushes clean.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, ColinK said:

Is the air pressure adjustable?

no... constant air pressure but needle adjustment for paint flow.

In my opinion these airbrushes are not for painting loco`s.

But wagons and possibly coaches would be OK. Not really for a novice.

I use mine for scenic work and for airbrushing trackwork as being cordless is a great advantage.

John

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, ColinK said:

Is the air pressure adjustable?

Yes, sort of. There is a button on the bottom which will give you high or low. Otherwise adjust paint flow.

• Thanks 1

On 29/03/2023 at 08:46, JZ said:

That's the one I have. I bought it mainly for weathering track and other parts of layout where having the air supply tube would be a hinderance. Works fairly well and for a bonus, my Iwata will fit it for finer work. As has been mentioned, cleanliness is paramount. For cleaning I use this. Available from most good model shops. Also excellent for keeping brushes clean.

Thank you for information. 

• Informative/Useful 1