Glenadam Distillery

7 hours ago, kevo said:

Excellent  work Adam like the buildings and the track plan nice and simple . looking forward to seeing more .

Thank you very much! 

6 hours ago, Oncomin5torm said:

The whole layout looks amazing, pecketts are superb little locos. 
Would you consider a 48DS Ruston? they are small and compact and would have worked an industry like this.

What kit is the signal box?
You have built and painted it superbly

Thank you! Yes I have actually got a 48DS Ruston in storage from the last layout I built, it will at some point be repainted as it’s currently painted in grey and I think it would benefit from some colour! 
The signal box is Peco’s Highland railway signal box kit, a laser cut kit that goes together superbly. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

7 hours ago, Northmoor MPD said:

Thank you very much! 

Thank you! Yes I have actually got a 48DS Ruston in storage from the last layout I built, it will at some point be repainted as it’s currently painted in grey and I think it would benefit from some colour! 
The signal box is Peco’s Highland railway signal box kit, a laser cut kit that goes together superbly. 

The Ruston 48DS is one of my favourite locos, I have done a DCC upgrade with stay alive, those suckers needed it haha.

The signal box is excellent, and It fits your location perfectly.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

The area in front of the buildings is that hardstanding or just a heavily compacted ballast type ash? 

I must also admit that your layout has inspired me to build something very similar, but with my own take on it. 

For that I must thank you as its such a fantastic little layout idea and simple track plan that offers so much playability in a tiny area. 

14 hours ago, Oncomin5torm said:

The area in front of the buildings is that hardstanding or just a heavily compacted ballast type ash? 

I must also admit that your layout has inspired me to build something very similar, but with my own take on it. 

For that I must thank you as its such a fantastic little layout idea and simple track plan that offers so much playability in a tiny area. 

I’ve been experimenting with what I think looks right, it’s changed colour 5 times and now I’ve decided to add some very fine ballast to try and give it a compact ballast/ash to give it some texture, I’ve done a little more on it tonight but I’m still not 100% happy with it yet 🙃

That’s great news! I’m very glad to have passed on some inspiration! 🙂

Edited by Northmoor MPD
Turns out I can’t write a sentence properly! Edited my mistake
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all,

Thank you for all your kind words and continued interest in my layout. 

After a week off in Cornwall I managed to get back on the layout this week, I’m finally (after about 9 attempts) happy with the colour of the distillery yard meaning I’ve now been able to start adding some more details, static grass, whisky barrels glued down and some working lights (not yet wired up).
More details to paint this evening and add in the coming days! 

0BB992CE-4BC6-4F6A-81F0-66B5C9D6EDFF.jpeg

D7DB95C4-FCEB-41DB-B2B9-11A406F5A0BF.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

A question about your double slip Adam. It looks like a insulfrog point and I wondered how your short wheel base locos behave on it. Have you modified the point at all?

David

3 hours ago, Tryfan said:

A question about your double slip Adam. It looks like a insulfrog point and I wondered how your short wheel base locos behave on it. Have you modified the point at all?

David

Hi David,

The Hornby Peckett runs pretty good though it, I am going to fit it with stay alive just to stop any stalling potential. 
I found the Hattons Barclay struggles on it though.

Cheers,

Adam

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davidparker172 said:

@Northmoor MPD This little micro is absolutely fantastic.

I just found it on the Microlayout FB page and immediately came here to find it

Superb and just the inspiration i need

Have you any earlier fabrication pics to share???

Thankyou and well done!!!

Thank you David!

Yes I will add some below, it started life as a wagon repair depot but when I struggled with the snow scene on the layout I decided it was a shame to scrap the layout so I thought I’d change it into something else :)

Here are some early conversion pictures:

FEAE8AE6-85DD-4FB2-93A2-D89602F88E29.jpeg

4FDA38ED-6ABA-40C4-B5D6-A9291DDF8465.jpeg

78AB4126-6A3E-43B2-89B5-A5412C4AACAE.jpeg

• Like 5