Cookies

• RMweb Premium

I'm a paid member, but I keep getting the consent form for cookies when I log in. Not every time, but enough to be annoying. Can this be sorted out by the mod's please.

9 hours ago, peterm1 said:

I'm a paid member, but I keep getting the consent form for cookies when I log in. Not every time, but enough to be annoying. Can this be sorted out by the mod's please.

Hi,

You are not paying to allow or prevent cookies, nobody is, cookies are a completely separate thing to the premium / gold membership. Whether you are paying or not, RMWeb is still required to ask for your consent in regards to cookies by law.

You'll get the cookies consent form whenever you clear cookies from your browser and then go back to RMWeb, then you won't get the cookies consent form until the next time you clear cookies from your browser.

I don't think there is anything the Mod's can do.

Simon

Edited by St. Simon

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, peterm1 said:

Think yourself lucky RMWeb uses a nice simple list of options.

Some organisations obfuscate the options on the consent form to such a degree that it is difficult to know whether you have opted out of tracking and targetting cookies, which they of course want you to allow.

• RMweb Premium

I usually get the Cookie request after a browser update, or if I've manually cleared cookies.

Do you have your browser set-up to delete cookies when you close it? If so, that's what's causing the problem - see if you can add an exception for RMWeb.

Steven B.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks all. I haven't cleared cookies and my browser (Firefox) isn't set up to auto delete.

I've found the cookies permission and have changed it to, allow.

Thanks again for the help.