STAFFORD SPRING SHOW SATURDAY 20TH MAY

Northpoint

The Stafford Railway Circle will be holding its Spring Show on Saturday 20th May.

A showcase for club layouts, some of which are new to the circuit. An opportunity to come and see what we are doing and to mingle and converse with like minded people.

See https://www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk/stafford-spring-show/  for details.

2023 leaflet a.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Only four days to go before the Stafford Spring Model Railway Show.

I will be there with my new micro layout Margaret Street which was a Covid Project

See you on Saturday 

Eltel (Terry)

• AY Mod changed the title to STAFFORD SPRING SHOW SATURDAY 20TH MAY
  • Moderators

I've just changed the title to the right date. Nick's punishment will be to stand outside on 20th June to explain. 😁

• RMweb Premium

Morning 

SRC introduced this small spring show last year (2022) as at the time of planning this small show we had to cancel our annual February Exhibition due to covid restrictions.

We were then given the opportunity by the Showground management of moving our annual exhibition to its new date of the last weekend in September each year.

We decided we would still go ahead with this small Spring Show.

The 2022 Spring Show was a success and gave the opportunity for members to have a less formal day playing trains.

All the layouts are owned by club members and we are supported by a local model shop Topp Trains 

Very much a social event which the membership enjoyed, so we decided to repeat the Spring Show in 2023 this coming weekend 20th May 

Terry 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I will have to walk about 300 yards to attend this event.    This is the second year that Stafford Railway Circle are hosting this spring expo ahead of the usual Uber exhibition at the counties exhibition grounds.    I couldn’t make it last year count me in for a the event and a burger.   

Andy

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, wagonbasher said:

I will have to walk about 300 yards to attend this event.    This is the second year that Stafford Railway Circle are hosting this spring expo ahead of the usual Uber exhibition at the counties exhibition grounds.    I couldn’t make it last year count me in for a the event and a burger.   

Andy

There's burgers?!

On 15/05/2023 at 18:39, AY Mod said:

I've just changed the title to the right date. Nick's punishment will be to stand outside on 20th June to explain. 😁

I'm sure I can find something else to do that day. I know, I'll delegate it to Terry....😅

Edited by Northpoint
Mistake
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
On 17/05/2023 at 08:45, ELTEL said:

Oh Yes & cakes 

Not just cakes. Local business, pop up, mobile sweetie shop will be on site.  The big pink gazebo will provide classic traditional confectionery, those jelly and fizzy pick n mix along with a variety of sweet treats.  Little indulgence will be there with their mobile sweet shop, whether your taste is classic liquorice, toffees, boiled sweets or those pick n mix jellies the shop has it all.  Who needs layouts when you can mix with your likeminded mates with burgers, cakes and sweets.

Its my daughters business and she’s not available this weekend so Mr and Mrs Waggonbasher have been trusted with ye olde scales.  

Andy

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, wagonbasher said:

Not just cakes. Local business, pop up, mobile sweetie shop will be on site.  The big pink gazebo will provide classic traditional confectionery, those jelly and fizzy pick n mix along with a variety of sweet treats.  Little indulgence will be there with their mobile sweet shop, whether your taste is classic liquorice, toffees, boiled sweets or those pick n mix jellies the shop has it all.  Who needs layouts when you can mix with your likeminded mates with burgers, cakes and sweets.

Its my daughters business and she’s not available this weekend so Mr and Mrs Waggonbasher have been trusted with ye olde scales.  

Andy

10kg of popping candy please Mr Banks.... I have a plan involving water and a GWR pannier...

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
On 17/05/2023 at 18:25, wagonbasher said:

Is your layout there Tel, I see Nick’s is.

Andy

Yes certainly is Margaret Street - see previous post.

• RMweb Premium

Alan Cromarty is bringing his Cement Works which is part of  Oulton TMD as a stand alone layout for the first time.

Sorted out some trestles for him earlier today.

• RMweb Premium

I returned to my house this evening which involves passing the church.  Can the Stafford Railway Circle have put up more directional signs,  there are little train cut outs directing everyone to the church car park.  If you get lost tomorrow you need to have a word with yourself.

If you are travelling by car it is just 2 miles from junction 13. 

maybe buy some sweeties for the drive home?

Andy

• RMweb Premium

Looking forward to the day at our Spring Show meeting fellow model rail enthusiasts and a bit of good humoured banter.

As previously stated the ladies will have tea and cakes and Mike Topping will have a good selection of pre owned model railway goodies.

Seems we are going to be blessed with good weather.

Terry 

Edited by ELTEL
Spelling
  • Like 2

Very pleasant small exhibition, met an old workmate as well.

Good to see Topp Trains there with a good range of used stuff and I came away with three steam locos and three open wagons (essential purchases for the continued construction of the 4mm shed layout of course) so I had no money left to buy any sweeties 😀

Well done to all concerned.

Regards

Stewart

• Moderators

A few enjoyable hours spent, quality bacon butties and bags of sweeties brought back to keep Mrs Y happy.

IMG_20230520_114544.jpg

@ELTEL asked me to watch the layout whilst he went to the loo, then he scoffed his lunch, came back and saw I hadn't broken it so off he went again for tea and talking. I still hadn't broken it!

@wagonbasher showed me his efforts to create my family tree in 3D introducing me to my great-grandfather, Atterley York, who was a Victorian photographer - obviously before he was involved in taking scandalously lewd pictures of the Earl of Dudlai's niece for the 'What the butler saw' machine down at the Bottle and Glass.

IMG_20230520_112600~2.jpg

Here he is, polishing his equipment as usual.

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 6

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

You're just hoping to be in luck when the E numbers kick in!

I'll be needing some of the blue fizzy ones then.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4