Railway Modeller Isle of White NSE layout

J Pryer

Hi all.

I'm looking for details on a NSE layout based on the Isle of Wight island line which was published in the railway Modeller in the late 1990s or early 2000s. If anyone has any information on the layout or what issue and month it was published it would be greatly appreciated. 

Kind regards Jaeson 

• RMweb Gold

Could by Ryde St. John's Road by Colin Edwards in September 1993 - not a lot else is coming up in a search of the archive. Most Isle of wight layouts seem to be steam based!

Edited by JohnR

5 hours ago, J Pryer said:

Hi all.

I'm looking for details on a NSE layout based on the Isle of Wight island line which was published in the railway Modeller in the late 1990s or early 2000s. If anyone has any information on the layout or what issue and month it was published it would be greatly appreciated. 

Kind regards Jaeson 

Not sure if it was in Railway Modeller, but such a layout did appear in one of the early issues of Model Rail circa 1998.

I forgot the name of it, but I think the same bloke did a layout based on the Snailwell scrapyard.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Ventnor, Isle of Wight RM 1996 April featured a Class 483 train on a modern diorama, apparently to promote a return of trains.

A photo had appeared earlier in 1994 May.

Edited by kevinlms
More info

7 hours ago, Bon Accord said:

Not sure if it was in Railway Modeller, but such a layout did appear in one of the early issues of Model Rail circa 1998.

I forgot the name of it, but I think the same bloke did a layout based on the Snailwell scrapyard.

Autumn 1998 (they weren't monthly back then) - Ryde St Johns by Mike Bunker. Happy to photo the other pages if wanted

Ryde ST Johns.jpg

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

Happy to photo the other pages if wanted

Not publicly please. It is copyright material.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...