SECR 12 Ton 7 Plank Mineral Wagon Packs

Oliver Rails

SECRwagonpacks.jpg.ca9528df160d53dc3e20f44c16b209e4.jpg

We are pleased to announce we are working with Rapido to produce exclusive SECR 12 Ton 7 Plank Mineral Wagon Packs in OO Gauge!

Between 1913 and 1914 the SECR purchased a number of wagons from RY Pickering. These wagons were built to move coal and were at the time were primarily used by Willam Cory & Son (Coal Factors) based in Erith.

These wagons carried a variety of liveries - Wainwright light grey with small SECR lettering and black metalwork, all over Maunsell dark SECR grey with large lettering and also standard SR pre-1936 brown.

We are pleased to offer these wagons for the first time in 4mm OO gauge. These wagons are produced by Rapido using their latest RCH 7 plank open wagon tooling featuring both side and end doors, angled vee-hangers, double sided brakes, flat-fronted axleboxes and split-spoked wheels.

Although not all minor detail differences can be captured with this tooling, these wagons will be as close a representation of the SECR wagons as possible and will fit perfectly with the new SECR brake vans – particularly our exclusive single-veranda types.

rapidowagonpacks.jpg.957422b247647e04c7a1356c5da720be.jpg

Packs of 3 are available to pre-order now for £99.95 (No deposit required)

The wagons are currently in production. The current expected delivery date is Late 2023 / early 2024. (Subject to change)

Read more here

• Like 4

Yippee! Order in for the two SECR packs. Well done rails.

This will continue to extend my rakes and fully put into reserve the older Bachmann and Dapol ones based on later prototypes.

Edited by JSpencer
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

I checked these wagons out against photos of the prototypes. 

"Although not all minor detail differences can be captured with this tooling, these wagons will be as close a representation of the SECR wagons as possible ...."

And you really have to look hard to find differences between them and the prototypes! They are all but spot on.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, PrestburyJack said:

Are these noticeably different from the previous SECR 7 plank wagons that Rapido did?

Different side door arrangements. End doors (not on pervious versions), wooden underframe, different brakes, buffers. I think the wheels are the same!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 1

• 9 months later...
5 hours ago, wainwright1 said:

Have there been any updates ?

I'm assuming that they will arrive with all of the other RCH 1887 7 plank PO wagons.  I understand that these are somewhere on the high seas at the moment.

• Like 1