Dapol O gauge 24 ton ore & slope side mineral

birdseyecircus

4 hours ago, Captain Electra said:

As the artist responsible for the artwork, I am most grateful to John  for pointing out the error with the white stripes and I am pleased to say it has been corrected.

I am doing most of the artworks for Dapol and I keep an eye on this forum (and a couple of others) for any feedback. If it something that I can correct, then I will.

Now, about the Stewarts & Lloyds green....

Please find a 16t example with the stripe the wrong way round in your research 👍

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 25/11/2023 at 12:58, Adrian Stevenson said:

A couple of pics from Warley.

IMG_8893.jpeg

IMG_8894.jpeg

IMG_8895.jpeg

Nice to see the diagonal strip on the BR 16T model corrected from the earlier artwork.

Looking forward to these plus the 24T BR hoppers.  Tower are doing a limited run of three individually numbered 24T BR hoppers too. Pre-ordering recommended.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’m looking forward to the BR 24T ironstone hopper being released as it will be ideal for my ironstone quarry layout (building of which is temporarily stalled).

I was interested to see that wagon B436275 is being modelled as it was in a rake of hopper wagons I was shunting during a ‘driver experience’ day at Rocks by Rail in 2017. My wife took a lot of photographs on the day including this one of B436275. The photo shows that this particular wagon also had different axle boxes to the model although I think the Dapol model has a more common version. I have seen photographs of these wagons with both types on the same wagon!

BR22TIronstonehopperB436275.jpg.66743dc7d61974b9b60434bbcd949003.jpg

I’ve also cropped the image to show the builder’s plate and interestingly, it shows the weight as 22T although many were upgraded to 24T as being modelled by Dapol.

BR22ThopperB436275BuildersPlate.jpg.e9c5924fd2a575da09ae6aacb720e1c6.jpg

• Like 1