TMC EXCLUSIVE BANANA VANS

tmc

We are pleased to introduce our first exclusive models produced for TMC by Accurascale, some exclusive packs of the D1478/D1479 Banana Vans which will be available at the same time as general release packs and are priced at £84.95 for a Triple Pack and £29.95 for a single pack. Pre-Orders can be placed on our website, no deposit, full amount will be invoiced as soon as packs are on the way from Accurascale to our warehouse.

The models being produced for us are:-

ACC2076-TMC1

A triple pack featuring both D1478 & D1479 wagons  in post 1961 BR livery with Fyffes and Geest labels. The wagon numbers will be S50609, S50843 and S50853.

ACC2077-TMC2

A triple pack featuring both D1478 & D1479 wagons in BR 1950’s livery with Fyffes & Geest labels.  The wagon numbers will be S50755, S50796 and S50895.

ACC2078-TMC3

A single pack of D1478 wagon S50672 In BR pre 1961 livery with a distressed roof and PRODUCERS JAMAICA BANANAS labels.

ACC2079-TMC4

A single pack of D1479 wagon S50787 in post 1961 BR livery with a distressed roof and PRODUCERS JAMAICA BANANAS labels.

Whilst Fyffes and Geest were perhaps more well known Banana importers PRODUCERS JAMAICA  BANANAS were the product of the Jamaica Banana Producers Association and at one time they had a fleet of four refrigerated ships. Virtually all their produce came into the UK.

As with all locomotives and rolling stock we sell various weathering options are available for these wagons, details on our website.

We have received some initial decorated samples so photographs of a wagon from each pack will be posted below shortly.

TMC

• Like 5

• 7 months later...
On 02/02/2024 at 12:35, Fredo said:

Hi TMC,

Any ideas yet when your Accurascale Banana Vans will be arriving?

Fred

Hi Fred, all we can say at moment is very soon. We haven't got an exact date but latest news we have is that they are expected either this week or next.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Just received my D1479, Post 1961, Value Weathered version. Number 220 of 250.

It is ABSOLUTELY SUPERB.

A great collaboration between yourselves and Accurascale. 

I feel lucky to be able to purchase this (and my other Triple Pack earlier) but working for almost 60 years has given me that ability.

Thank you all.

Phil

image.png.7971300be973145cd5e24a77cb36a974.png

TMC photo. I think this is the version I have?

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1