LOUGHBOROUGH SHOW 12 /13 AUGUST 2023 30 Layouts, 20 Trade plus Demo's

Hairy Bear Digital

The Premier Show of the East Midlands

MODEL RAILWAY EXHIBITION with 30 layouts.

SAT 12th  AUGUST  &  SUN 13th of  AUGUST 2023

at LOUGHBOROUGH Grammar School, Leicester Road , Loughborough , Leicestershire.

Car Sat Nav use ;- LE11 2AQ , Entrance off Leicester Road ,Loughborough.

SAT  10am-5pm,  SUN  10am-4.pm.

ADMISSION: Adults £10.00 Children £5.00 Family £25.00 (2 adults and up to 3 delightful Children)

Free Exhibition Guide included with entry whilst stocks last.

At Last update....11/06/23

30 Layouts, 20 trade plus demo's.

This venue is not far from the centre of the town, lying to the south, off the Leicester Road A6. Entrance via Burton Walks.

Regular local bus services from the Railway Station, Town Centre, Leicester and Coalville pass by the entrance.

15 min walk from GCR., 20 mins from LOUGHBORO' Mainline Rail Station.

Plenty of free car parking is available.

The venue is disabled friendly.

Hot and Cold refreshments will be available. Including Hot Savories' and Filled Cobs.

Show Details on Website Here

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

The best model railway show in the East Midlands, Sadly, others are now fallen flags.

GCR stand will be there.

Dava

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2023 at 18:24, Dava said:

The best model railway show in the East Midlands, Sadly, others are now fallen flags.

GCR stand will be there.

Dava

The best BIG model railway show in the East Midlands...

South Notts Show is the best medium-sized one......

Les

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My first visit to this since lockdown and it remains as good as ever.

As feedback, I suggest for next year a couple more signs to point the way from the main entrance to Hall 4.  It was noticeably less crowded than the other rooms and with its floor plan being on a different page in the exhibition guide, I fear some visitors may have missed it.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Also my first time at this show and first show this year I think. I normally only get one or two in depending on dates and I don't think I've yet been to the same place twice over the four years since I started. This was I think at the smaller end but I don't see it as a drawback, I've found some of the bigger ones can be 'bloated' with many trades selling all the same new releases.

Can't think of a show I've been to set in better surroundings, managed to watch a cricket game whilst eating lunch.

IMG_20230813_111848

I took a load of pictures, some from layouts in the vein I'm working/want to work in for ideas and some of layouts I liked. Filtered down to a few below.

It seemed like foreign based layouts were well represented with several covering Europe, US and Japan.

IMG_20230813_122259

Wolfe Lowe - with the wagons filling from the narrow gauge above via the chute

IMG_20230813_130805

Smallwood which was suitably dilapidated

IMG_20230813_133437

One from the headline act - Charnwood Forest

IMG_20230813_133832

Two minute detour to the GCR on the way back to the station

IMG_20230813_150105

Finally, signage prevented the pic being more lined up but couldn't resist a comparison 

IMG_20230813_132558IMG_20230813_152154

Really good show, layouts I wanted to mention - Illie Town, Linwood Lane, Smallwood, Wolfe Lowe & Charnwood Forest. But all good, not my gauge but the N and even the guy with a T gauge it's something else working at those scales and getting reliable running. Enough trade stalls to part ways with some cash, used wagons from TTC and a couple of bits from Layouts4u, also the Skytrex stand has given me plenty to think about.

I got the train up (40 mins vs 1hr+ drive) so I can't comment on parking, journey was fine with a simple enough 20 minute walk. I would echo the previous post about almost missing the other hall. Don't know what signage there was for it from the car park but I only realised I hadn't been in there when I stopped for a flick through the program and thought there was some layouts I had missed. Didn't buy any refreshments but I can vouch for those cakes and pastries from experience. Final comment it was noticeable how many & how involved the yoof were, both in the SV uniform and at a couple of other layouts, great to see!

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

My first time to Loughborough and this must be one of the most picturesque venues around with some stunning old trees around the car park I was in. 

Enjoyed seeing some old favourites and some new to me and it was nice to see a good selection of N

One small suggestion for next year, but being on borrowed time as they say,I would have appreciated a few more seats in  hall 4. I only saw 2 near the door and they were both occupied.

• Thanks 1