Vallejo Paints for painting GWR Rolling Stock and Buildings

On 05/07/2023 at 21:24, stevel said:

This was given to me, and works well.

Vallejocoloursmix.jpg.ac47d26e00208c3519b09afb4e477c05.jpg

That looks like the suggestions I put on here a few years ago. Glad they've proved useful. Apart from the Cam Green the colours are all in one of the starter sets. They were matched by eye to Phoenix precision enamel paints.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I only use Model Color as I don't use an airbrush.  It puzzles me that some of the colours are only avail in one range or the other.  Middle Stone for example is only Air not Model Color, at least not by the same name!

5 hours ago, ELTEL said:

What would be the recommendation in the Vallejo Air range for Humbrol 62 red brick colour ?

Many thanks Terry

Humbrol has an equivalents chart which lists several manufacturers including Vallejo.  No 62 is listed as Model Color 70.843 Cork.  There is no Cork listed in Model Air.

Edited by Jeff Smith
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 11/07/2023 at 01:36, Jeff Smith said:

I only use Model Color as I don't use an airbrush.  It puzzles me that some of the colours are only avail in one range or the other.  Middle Stone for example is only Air not Model Color, at least not by the same name!

Ye, that is annoying. I struggled to get all the colours I needed for some armour kits in one range. I ended up with a mix of Model and Model Air, but at least using an airbrush I can thin down the Model. 

• RMweb Gold
On 11/07/2023 at 13:39, Jeff Smith said:

Humbrol has an equivalents chart which lists several manufacturers including Vallejo.  No 62 is listed as Model Color 70.843 Cork.  There is no Cork listed in Model Air.

Do you have a link to the chart please?

Thanks

Tony