Z21 Black - What handsets are you using?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, WIMorrison said:

Have you updated to the latest firmware for both the Z21 and the Maus?  You need to do that first to get all the extra functions.

Z21 Maintenance Tool - Products - Roco z21

No because the laptop is dead and I haven’t got around to replacing it due to spending the money on sound chips 😁

I note there’s finally a iPhone version though so I’ll update it via that, well try to . . 😆

Edited by PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Does ZTC511 work with Z21?

All the connections are listed in this pdf, it doesn’t feature the ztc but if it’s compatible with one of those X or L bus standards then it may work. 

https://www.z21.eu/media/Kwc_Basic_DownloadTag_Component/root-en-main_47-661-310-665-313-downloadTag-download/default/45d3330f/1536565785/z21-black-en.pdf

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Does ZTC511 work with Z21?

Yes,  two ways.     

Simple - plug ZTC output into "sniffer" on Z21, it just works.   BUT, there's nothing sent to the ZTC from the Z21 in such circumstances. 

More advanced - put ZTC into "slave" mode (term used in ZTC manual) and wire up an Xpressnet connection from ZTC to Z21.   This way the ZTC is an Xpressnet handset, so behaves similarly to a MultiMaus, Lenz handset, etc..      Various documents online show the pin-outs for the ZTC, so can be worked through. 

- Nigel

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Nigel.

That is helpful.   I have a ZTC which I like, but is limited in what it will do and I am considering  getting  the Z21. You have confirmed that my idea of using the ZTC in slave mode, as a Z21 handset is indeed possible.