Bachmann Collectors Club Ffestiniog blue 009 Hunslet

AY Mod

Looks really nice, I'm glad you are pleased with it. 

I'm very lucky, my wife saw me looking at the article in the magazine and said that she would get me one for my 40th birthday present! On order just have to wait to get my hands on in in September. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

One thing I found was I was getting 5 chuffs per revolution at low speed and the same at high speed, I found this out by videoing it and playing it back at ⅓ speed 😎

Like Charles and Blanche I’ve set cv267 to 60, (default is 50), and that gets it down to 4 so it sounds less manic at speed. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

This was exactly the livery I had been waiting for. But it being a club exclusive is just too much for me - I had been hoping to pick it up for just under £200 from a box shifter, and it being just south of £250 including the membership means that this is  (currently) a bit of a non starter regrettably. 

It looks so darn good too…

• Friendly/supportive 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/08/2023 at 15:15, Edge said:

This was exactly the livery I had been waiting for. But it being a club exclusive is just too much for me - I had been hoping to pick it up for just under £200 from a box shifter, and it being just south of £250 including the membership means that this is  (currently) a bit of a non starter regrettably. 

It looks so darn good too…

They are still around. So maybe you will have time to save up for one. I guess the main run won't be much cheaper - although you do not have to pay for club membership.  Maybe find a club member in OO or N gauge (I'm a OO member not a OO-9 one) to see if they can buy it for you under their membership.

I was looking for Linda but Linda found me... as she finally arrived Tuesday after being stuck in French Customs for 10+ days.

She arrived on a Day I just happened to be working from home, and during a brief period when my wife and kids went to the hairdressers....

I'm happy to have her in blue, as green would have duplicated my Fairlie in colour. A comparison with Charles shows very few common parts between the models body wise. It is all-but a different tooling. The frames are slightly longer. Different whistles and dome, different pipe work, different chimney, different cab with different spectacle plate.

A pair wires run to the tender. I'm not sure if this is for extra pickups or a change of speaker position.

DCC sound wise, she is exactly the same as Charles. Now fortunately (or more likely thoughtfully), the fire light LED and coal shoveling noise are two separate functions. Since this Linda being an Oil fired version, would probably not have someone shoveling coal into her.

This gives me 4 DCC sound fitted OO-9 locos. I'll probably stop there, as it is a side show away from the OO stuff.

linda_01.jpg

linda_02.jpg

linda_03.jpg

linda_04.jpg

linda_05.jpg

linda_06.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...