Bachmann Collectors Club Ffestiniog blue 009 Hunslet

AY Mod

• Moderators

BACHMANN COLLECTORS CLUB DELIVERS A RHAPSODY IN BLUE

391-135KSF-1.jpg

As part of Bachmann Europe’s Autumn British Railway Announcements, the Bachmann Collectors Club has today unveiled its next Limited Edition models which are available exclusively to Club members.

Following the release of its inaugural OO9 Limited Edition in Winter 2021, today the Bachmann Collectors Club revealed its next Narrow Gauge subject would be Mainline Hunslet ‘Linda’, modelled in 2-4-0 Saddle Tank with Tender (2-4-0STT) format for the first time. Depicting the locomotive as it ran in the 1990s, with a stovepipe chimney and a tender equipped for oil firing, this Bachmann Narrow Gauge model is finished in the stunning Ffestiniog Railway Midnight Blue livery, edged in black with white lining.

391-135KSF.jpg
Two models are available now, in standard format or with SOUND FITTED, and both versions feature firebox lighting, a pre-fitted speaker, NEM coupling pockets, Next18 DCC interface and are supplied with etched name and works plates. SOUND FITTED models are pre-fitted with a ZIMO sound decoder allowing sounds to be operated on both analogue and DCC straight from the box.

In total just 500 models have been made and in a first for the Bachmann Collectors Club, members will benefit from a reduced price (10% below the RRP for an equivalent main range model). As a result, the standard model (391-135K) can be purchased for £206.96, whilst the SOUND FITTED version (391-135KSF) is available at £296.96.

With both versions in stock now, existing members can order these new models online via www.bachmann-collectorsclub.co.uk. New members can also join online and purchase from the growing range of Club exclusive models straight away. Orders and membership enquiries can also be made by telephone on 01455 245565.

391-135K.jpg

391-135K-4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, LittleRedTrain said:

Finally managed to order one (I hope)

If you go back to your account check your order history. I just did this and read the PDF attached to the order and it said goods allocated.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Finally got one ordered, took over an hour! Like the bad old days of the internet on a 14.4k modem. Obviously a very good choice by Bachmann seeing how badly the website is getting slammed. Interestingly they still have the Collector's Club Double Fairlie in stock. I expect that is maybe less popular than the Hunslet as it isn't unique, you can buy a red Fairlie from multiple shops at a discount, whereas the blue Hunslet is only Collectors Club.

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, E100 said:

Quite surprised the green versions weren't also announced as part of the main range. Really nice to see they have tooled up this variant.

Maybe in the November announcements? I'm hoping for a Blanche with the cab tender. 

• Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Quarryscapes said:

Gutted that this is collectors club only, I had been secretly hoping for this condition coming out as it's how I remember her as a child. 

Join the collectors club then.

Youll get your loco. And a free 009 RNAD collectors club wagon.

If you dont want the wagon sell it and that offsets towards your membership fee. :-)

No desire to join a club and add anther £40 onto cost of loco that I don't need. If it was mainstream range then I would be happy to pick it up a few years down the line when funds may allow but I don't see that happening now. Oh well, I'll keep an eye on ebay just in case. 

If you don't fancy joining the club, which is understandable if you only want the one loco, have you looked into finding someone who is in the club, who could order one on your behalf?

That's what a friend of mine does, he just transfers to money into his account to pay for it. He just collects the goods whenever they see each other so they don't have to worry about postage, simple really (once you find someone to order for you!)

Cheers

J

• Like 1

I really fancy getting one of these. Slightly nervous as both my existing mainline Huslets have had to go back for tinkering due to bad running. 

Anyone know if they are actually ready to ship if I ordered one? Sounds like it as they are stated as "in stock"

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, EMA747 said:

Anyone know if they are actually ready to ship if I ordered one? Sounds like it as they are stated as "in stock"

Ive had a DPD email today to tell me mines due to be delivered on Monday.

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Butler Henderson said:

I would be interested in how much play the pony truck has as I have 192mm curves which the 0-4-0STT Linda and Double Fairlie's have no problem with.

Not a great deal.

Pics with pony truck centred and pushed as far as it would go.

20230805_133659.jpg

20230805_133634.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 3