RMweb

Which MK1 Restaurant car should be produced next for N gauge?

montyburns56

N Gauge MK1 Restaurant/Buffet Car  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which MK1 Restaurant/Buffet car should be produced next for N gauge?

• RU
    • RFO
    • RBK
    • RBR

23 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Possibly more chance of the RB than a P.O.S stowage van (oh you didn't mean that P.O.S 🤣).  It might be a POT.

Would hope that any OO item being done right now would have a corresponding N gauge version designed even if not immediately tooled.  And more use for an RB, and FO and a BSO than a POT.

Yeah, I suspect that 00 gauge Stowage van hasn't sold too well and that's one reason why they've never bothered to shrink it. 

9 hours ago, The Pilotman said:

Who knows; the summer announcement is on Wednesday. Only three months ago nobody knew about the LMS twins and yet some people now have them running on their layouts. If anyone’s listening, a 25/3 or a skinhead 31 would also be welcome 😉

I'm still waiting for them to announce some more blue/grey MK2s so I'm not holding out for any new tooling being announced to be honest.

• Agree 1

Hi Gang;

I would request a different version to those offered on the vote.

I would go for a Mk1 BSOT using the 5 window BSO coaches that have not been yet tooling by Bachmann. The 4 window BSK and the 5 window BCK have too many differences to make a decent representation currently!!

Later;

Stu from NRSW.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

I too would like a BSO(T) so the announcement of a OO scale BSO (apparently with BSO(T) option) is very interesting news indeed.

For now my converted BCK masquerading as a BSO(T) will have to suffice. 

Edited by John M Upton
  • Like 1

If they have taken the trouble to research a BSO with BSO(T) possibility then they would br crazy not to tool up an N gauge version. It would literally be new sides as I presume the tooling is shared amongst the versions with different slides to represent the different types of Mk1.

Question is will it be tomorrow or in the future we see a BSO Mk1.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Just in case Bachmann don’t announce anything in N…….The BSO is a fairly easy cut and shut job……. Here is my exmover stained one.

IMG_9866.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

18 hours ago, acg5324 said:

Just in case Bachmann don’t announce anything in N…….The BSO is a fairly easy cut and shut job……. Here is my exmover stained one.

What parts did you use to make it?

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Ed-farms said:

What parts did you use to make it?

IIRC it’s a TSO plus a rearranged BCK.

• Thanks 1

On 28/04/2024 at 17:51, montyburns56 said:

Now that Bachmann have announced an OO scale RB, we should see an N Gauge version as some point in the future. Having said that I wouldn't hold your breath as I'm still waiting for them to downscale their MK1 POS Stowage van.

RBR hopefully not RB, so that it can run with the MK2Fs and Dapol MK3s. No BlueGrey version in 00 is on offer.

es grüßt

pc 

7 hours ago, Padishar Creel said:

RBR hopefully not RB, so that it can run with the MK2Fs and Dapol MK3s. No BlueGrey version in 00 is on offer.

es grüßt

pc 

I think that an RBR is just a refurbished RB and I believe Bachmann are doing that version at a later date.